BRS - Bristol International (sort of)

My previous build collapsed under the weight of all the passengers, and the mega-queue of buses created to ferry them about…

So a start on a creation that bears no resemblance to my local airport, Bristol, UK.

A small GA area and small Commercial terminal.

I’m pushing on with researching Baggage handling and Multi-Terminal capability before pressing ahead with a medium Terminal.

1 Like

Nice, but G.A. does not give that much money, I usually start with at least 8-10 small commercial stands and like, 5 GA

1 Like

Save my eyes from the wing clippings, why does no one do 5 wide for commercial small aircraft?

I use 3 wide but provide 1 space on either side of the taxiway
5 wide for medium with 1 space on either side
9 wide for large with 2 space on either side

1 Like

I use Void’s principles all the time. If there is a parallel taxiway then I leave an extra space between them for additional safety. It’s not like the wings actually need tarmac under them, and it saves money…

2 Likes

I’ll probably convert some of the GA into small Commercial remote stands later.

2 Likes

BRS is also my local airport. I have tried and failed many times to recreate it, even though it’s not too complicated of a layout.

1 Like

BRS is my local airport too! Quite amazing how many people on this forum are from the Bristol area.

2 Likes

Well I’m Gloucestershire so I’m pretty much in the middle of BRS and BHX!

2 Likes

The small Commercial terminal (I call it Terminal A, the game Terminal 1) has now got its baggage handling system.

Later on, a start is being made on Terminal B, the medium Commercial terminal. Slow progress as I’m battling finance issues at the moment. I may have to take out a loan to get the terminal building, baggage handling, etc., and two stands in operation. I find that’s when the money starts stabilising.

1 Like

I’m also from Bristol lol so also my local airport

2 Likes

Terminal B coming along nicely.

Ground floor:

Upper floor:

And a few PAX whinges fixed in Terminal A

1 Like

OK, so I had save games get corrupted occasionally, but with increasing frequency, so I had to do a full hardware check on my gaming laptop.

It found some errors on reading and writing to the data HDD, so I swapped it out for a new SSD. Result - lightning fast disc access, but lots of data loss when I transferred the data from the HDD to the SSD. So my previous version of BRS has gone to the great airport hunting grounds in the sky.

So a remake is in progress, a tribute to the addictiveness of the game is one evening I started work and before I realised it, it was 5am the next morning…

Here’s the GA area…

…Terminal A for small Commercial (Gates A01 to A06)…

…and Terminal B (Level 0, Gates B10R and B11R)

and Level 1 (Gates B20 to B28)

1 Like