Bug: Game visibly freezes after short time, but keeps going

Hello,
i am the new one here, and this is my first post here…

Since the turnaround-update i have the following problem:
After an short time playing, my game seems to be frozen, nothing move is visible anymore. But if you scroll with the mouse you can hear, that the game is stll runing.

You hear that passangers are still boarding and planes still operating. You can hear the clicks from mouseover over the gamebuttons. But it is not possible to play anymore.

Some times the game is then crashing himself, but most time you have to end it by CTRL+ALT+DEL via the task manager.

Am I alone with this problem ?! Has anyone an idea to solve this… ?

best regards from LEJ, Germany
André

Hello again,
i’ve tried something to solve the issue, but nothing works.

The error occured in windowed ond normal mode. It also freeze with an without useing the debug-mode.
If you load the game you cann play 5 up to 10 minutes and then it is over. Display is freezing but game is still running. You can minimize the game, and come back to the game like normal…

I’ve checked the gamefiles via steam, all are okay - so this is not the problem for this issue…
For now i will pause my tries and will try it later again - if i have an new idea - or if one of you have an idea…

See you later :wink:

Can you check the memory usage? Happened once to me that all memory was used up and the game about to crash, just by closing a few background applications I could make it to saving.

Hi,
as the error occured yesterday, my system was very busy - yes. I’ve had Photoshop open in the back. But today, this happend to a fresh started system - max with open Firefox in the back…

But i will check this again, and report here - thanks for your idea :slight_smile:

Try to do an ingame bug on the moment it happens too. If it is a bug, it provides the devs will all the error codes they need to handle it.

Move to BER, where things really freeze. :smile:

Does everything related to rendering freeze when this happens? I.e. you move the camera with the arrows but the display does not update?

Hello @Olof:
No, the game can freeze without any actions - after up from 5 to 10 Minutes. it does not matter if I do something or just watch - i’ve tried both.

@dewitjur You’re joking right ? I can not see what i do, so how can i start a bug ?:rofl:

If ingame doesn’t work, you can submit one at https://apoapsisstudios.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa
Click on create new issue (the plus icon) and you an fill one in there. make sure to include the output_log and other files as mentioned in the instriuctions there. The instructions will also tell you where to find them. System specs are also usefull for the devs.
Not joking, just not all freezes are this bad so i didn’t know what to expect.

We have no other reports right now of a “complete” freeze so I’m suspecting something hardware related. What specs are you running on?

@ Olof, may be but not only.
ACEO was running very stable. Sometimes i’ve been fall asleep at late time playing an woke up next morning (yes, really). ACEO was running all night long while i was dreaming…

The problems came with the last update…

I run ACEO on my laptop, an Lenovo Ideapad 310 (Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB-80TV014WGE) with following specs:

Processor: Intel Core i5 7500U (Kaby Lake-U/Y) - Intel(R) Core™ i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz

RAM: DDR4, 8094 MBytes

Graphics: 1. Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
2. Nvidia GeForce 920MX

Direct X: Direct X 12.0

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 (10.0) Home 64-bit (Build 18362) |

Hope that will help ;).

I have the same problems on my Macbook Pro

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.