Cancellation costs for airline contracts

I have experienced this ‘issue’ twice now where I have build an airport using small stands and a dozen or so airlines and made a few million. With those millions I build an airport with medium stands, cancel the old airline contracts and take on new ones with airlines of my choice. After doing this, I noticed that I went from 3 million in the bank, to negative 8 million due to the cancellation fees. I should note that none of the airlines had planned flights at the moment of cancellation.

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t necessarily object against the cancellation costs, but a message saying “cancelling this master contract will fines you $800,000” would be nice. (Also $800k might be a bit much)

Does anybody know if there are cancellation costs and how the price is calculated?

3 Likes

this has not been answered yet. and I am also having this issue all the time. Is there a way to cancel airline contracts without being charged an outrageous amount of money. I use the same method above to build my airports. I put a lot of small stands in the locations of where my medium stand will be. 2 small in 1 medium location and I slowly demolish 2 small stands at a time and transfer in a medium stand. once im done I cancel the contracts for the small stands. But the problem is I have to save loads of money before doing so for the fees in doing so.

last night I canceled 6 contracts and it cost me over 15 million dollars!!! Please does anyone have an answer for this?

I have tried several methods and each time I get charged different amounts of money. most of the time its between 500k and 5 million dollars for each contract.

I have tried:

• Turning off the auto scheduler and letting the flights finish out the week.

• Putting the flight ratio for medium or small stands, depending on the contract, to zero and letting the flights in the scheduler go to zero and all flights finish arriving and departing. This ends with a 0 flights in the “available to schedule” for the contract and I still get charge. This is usually the lesser of the other methods but it still a lot of money!

• Canceling all flights by closing the stand. This results in a lot of “unscheduled/available to schedule” flights and is usually the most expensive option for canceling contracts. sometimes 5 million for 1 contract.

I don’t understand this. You sign a contract with no end date or nothing to complete in the contract. The bonus says zero. But, if you cancel you get penalized. What am I doing wrong here? or is this just something the devs need to fix?

I have tried doing a search for this on the forum but can’t seem to find any solutions or methods of canceling contracts that don’t result in major outrageous fines. I just find post asking about it like this one, unanswered.

Please can someone give some insite on this? Developers???

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.