Cant load any game saves

so I have just been playing this game for a day now but I was screwing around just building a crazy big airport, I had to leave my pc running overnight to finish building everything lol. but now im can’t load any of my game saves, it just crashes at halfway point when at loading structures.

I was reading around and thought including this might help.

============= Begin Log ===============

[01/14/2019 20:29:48]
Debug Log is active!
================= Init Message ===================
Launching Airport CEO Alpha 29.5-2

[01/14/2019 20:29:48] -
1/14/2019 8:29:48 PM Error
Material doesn’t have a texture property ‘_MainTex’

[01/14/2019 20:29:49] -
1/14/2019 8:29:49 PM Log
Game data was deseraliazed

[01/14/2019 20:29:49] -
1/14/2019 8:29:49 PM Log
Launched Airport CEO 29.5-2

[01/14/2019 20:29:51] -
1/14/2019 8:29:51 PM Log
Regenerate Serialized Earth Patch Positions: 0ms

Hello,

You can use bug reporting system to report this issue to developers.

https://apoapsisstudios.atlassian.net/secure/CreateIssue!default.jspa

well is there anyway to fix this by myself? because even when i load a new game save, then quit, and same thing happens when i try to load my save.

Does it really crash or just get stuck and stop responding? Crazy big airports take crazy big time to load, especially when it gets to ‘loading structures’

What game version is this happening on? If you’re on the default branch I’d recommend to switch to the experimental and see if there’s any difference (we’ve deployed several de-serialization bug patches over the last few days).

My airport takes forever at loading structures too. It can take 5 minutes to load a game. That’s one thing about the stability of the database itself here, it may be slow sometimes, but the game doesn’t crash very often from too much stuff… it just takes a bit to roll through it all.

I have the exact same problem. Can’t load saved games. Which is of course … super frustrating.

It gets stuck while loading the game. At the very end. I see “Loading … almost done” and then nothing happens.

Do you have any mods running at the moment? Either local or via Steam?

im on version 29.5-2

no, i havent installed any mods.

it crashes, the entire thing freezes and windows says it stops responding, and i’ve left for about an hour and it did nothing

Have you looked in the Player.Log to see if there is any helpful information in there?

Latest experimental version is 29.6-4, can you upgrade and see if the issue is resolved?

How do you get these experimental upgrades?

I checked, I have no mods running. I was able to open a save until my airport started getting big, I think I have 6 medium stands up and running on the save I cant open. Same thing happened to another game a week or so ago too. I just figured the save file was corrupted or something. Because when I started my latest airport I was having no issues opening a save for a few days as I built my latest airport.

Check this topic: The Airport CEO Experimental Branch

1 Like

That worked!!

Thanks.

added … weird, I have zero staff. Need to rehire everyone.

1 Like

That’s a common after effect of the save problem, the initial loading problem caused the deserialization process to stall and that’s before staff can get deserialized. However, the initial problem shouldn’t happen again so you’ll only need to do this once in order to restore your save.

Hi,

I would like to reopen the thread since i also have the same issue. However, there is additional words on the log (at the end, “STACK TRACE:”), as you can see in the picture bellow.
I am playing on the experimental branch, latest update (32.8-1) with one mod activated (EU airlines companies).

I have those errors as well, but I’ve not had any problems loading my save games and everything appears as I think it should.