Cargo handling?

Are there any plans for a cargo handling facility, with the associated terminals? One could include lorry docks and similar, plus of course dedicated cargo planes. One could also imagine the game having belly cargo on passenger a/c that should be transported to the cargo terminal

7 Likes

Oh my god… I just imagined the cargo sorting station one could build using the luggage system! Almost came!

2 Likes

Would be awesome!

1 Like

Yuup, would be great. Like in real life… lorries will deliver their goods … in my mind it looks great :smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think it makes sense to have this sort of facility on the airport site. Also, there could also be a separate facility just for sorting parcels that are sent by courier/regular post? And once the parcel/mail is sorted it could be dispatched to the town, and you get to keep a small processing fee.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cargo handling would be really amazing! For special cargo you will need specific airport cargo facilities like, live animal storage, medication which need to be cooled etc…

1 Like

We definitely see the value of adding a freight perspective in the future and are making sure to write generic code where due with the purpose of easily being able to integrate this in the future. For now though, we will focus on completing the baggage simulation. When that’s finished, adding a freight perspective shouldn’t mean too much extra work in terms of developing an extra feature.

17 Likes

I’ve just had the same idea i think this would be amazing alongside the passenger handling.

I agree best to focus on baggage simulation first, get that up and running as phase 1, then introduce Cargo Terminal handling later. Would be a good revenue stream for Airport CEO and always make money on cargo handling costs based on weight and commodity etc. Air Cargo is big business and any airport boss would love to have a busy cargo hub to monitor and manage.

An early concept for phase 2 could be just to set up your airport as a simple Air Courier hub with small aircraft operating overnight as Freighters when the airport is traditionally quiet, e.g like DHL, or UPS operations in European airports like BRU and CGN.

Good idea, I think in sons of the gameplay videos there is some signs of freight planes on the stands but it will be coming in the future

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.