"Categories" now set a default forum view

Hey there soon to be CEOs!

We have made a slight change to the way the forum is viewed. As you all know, our forum engine Discourse, is a bit different than traditional forums - for better and for worse. We’re now going to test having “Categories”, i.e. the forum legend, as the default view for a forum to help users navigate our discussion space a bit better. The other sorting methods are still available in the top panel so that you easily can sort by latest, top and unread.

Comment below what you think of it!

4 Likes

I Like! Cool!

1 Like

Takes some getting used to, but it shows the forum more structured.

As community leader i approve :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’ve reverted to the old version already, but as long as that remains available I shan’t complain.

5 Likes

I think this is better, especially as the community grows after release and the rate of new topics increase. It makes it easier to find what you’re looking for.

5 Likes

Will take some time to adapt… considering that we are adapted to use the previous one for the past 1 year.

But i like it already.

4 Likes

It’s easier for people to find something when the game is released.

3 Likes

Looks good I like it.

1 Like

It confuse me … :open_mouth:

For new members I think it is more inviting to search the information they seek in existing topics instead of starting random new topics and asking the same questions. For, I don’t care that much, navigation is still the same.

I see a change in the Player Content category, but now the colours don’t match up. 1 is orange and the other is purple.

2 Likes

Anything we can do to help?

It’s absolutly confusing and horrible on your phone. I had to switch to my computer just to write this… It’s fine if you leave it as default as long as I can keep it the old way.
Personally I dislike it, but that’s just me.

2 Likes

In my opinion, the last posts view was easier, for somebody who is longer onboard (since January) to look whats new now.

1 Like

I see what you mean. On desktop you get categories left and latest posts right. On mobile you only get categories

This is also my point.

plus when you switch it on your phone to latest… You should see what I mean…

What is the problem with latest? On my phone I just switch to latest and all is as was.

Maybe we could make the forum default page a personal setting? (I’m not really familiar wit Discourse)

2 Likes

I’m looking into how to override to “latest” for the mobile version, if it is possible! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow…i’m on mobile and i always use latest…and it doesnt look like that…

Are you sure you arent looking at the deaktop version?

What kind of device do you have?

1 Like

ah! i was on desktop! back to normal now :grin:
gonna just delete the pic :relieved:

1 Like