Catering, Cleaning, De-icing [selected for implementation]

Update from Apoapsis Studios

This feature request has been selected for implementation! With 371 votes in the first round it placed first. This block quote will be updated with links to the associated issues once the implementation work has begun.

The implementation progression can be followed via the public Airport CEO Feature Trello board.

:hammer_and_wrench: :airplane: :paintbrush: :computer:

Description:

The toggles for these turn around functions have been on the operations panel since release, add the turnaround services to the game along with the staff type and vehicles to support them.

Why it should be implemented

They were kept on the operations panel after the UI overhaul it would be nice to see them operational.

Feature Voting Round 1 Closed!
Airline meals, janitors, garbage disposal

To add to this, de-icing should probably only be requested at airports in northern regions. Depending on where the airport is situated this could also vary from season to season.

I would hope they tied it into the weather station, providing that the weather station provides an accurate weather profile for the placement of your airport then de-icing should not be needed if the airport never hits a certain low

I like your idea.

You should add the belt loader in this list!!

No you shouldnt :slight_smile:

I agree, this feature was requested to get the items already mentioned in the game implemented, if you want the belt loader vote for its feature request to get it implemented.

De-icing depends on multiple factors such as weather, altitude the plane flies at and many more. De-icing does not only occur in northern regions.

Yeah absolutely, but it’s probably more likely de-icing will be requested in lets say Finland than in South-Africa

For the first version, de-icing will probably just be available everywhere and won’t be requested unless you built it. The weather part would be cool, but is not strictly required :wink:

It’s more likely yes, though de-icing does still happen on a regular basis in warm countries such as where I live in Australia.

Yeah i was thinking ground de-icing, but i guess altitude icing could happen anywhere

In addition to the de-ice, using anti-ice. So Type I (Orange) vs Type IV (Green) fluids. This could be where an aircraft parked overnight (and it’s now a sky clear day) covered in snow/ice would just need a quick Type I spray. An airport where it is currently snowing etc would need both types. You could have this done either at the gate or with a special de-ice pad. This (plus a better WX system) would allow for more of a challenge.

I can already now say that if this suggestion were to make it ( … :wink: ) , it’ll be split into three different epics where the least complex will be the first one we start work on - most likely in this order:

1. Cleaning
  2. Catering
  3. De-icing

De-icing is last because it’s prerequisite on a properly working weather system, which very much needs an overhaul.

Anyway, interesting times ahead…

I suspected as much @Olof, i didnt expect the request to get as many votes as it has if i am honest, but i wanted a more interesting title for the request than ‘finish what is already there’ lol.

It’s all right, they sort of do belong to the standard services that we want to implement but we decided to see if the community wanted us to prioritize their implementation or not and… I guess you did. :wink:

Isn’t it possible then to discuss the possibility of only implementing catering (and maybe cleaning) first, and at least see de-icing and weather overhaul as a separate feature for next round. I think it’s better to have three or two rather different kind of features implemented now :slight_smile:

Depending on how fancy they implement these 3, it covers a Lot of bases.
New vehicles, new stock mechanics, new buildings, etc

On the last AMA I asked about catering and the devs stated they fancied doing a supply chain for catering with deliveries, a room to process the food and then taken to the aircraft by truck. Hope this is how it is delivered in game.

Hooe so, that would be a good start for tenants and cargo