Catering Facilities

I couldn’t see this suggested anywhere, sorry if it is.

Some of the turnaround services have to be refilled every once in a while at a Depot of some kind. I was thinking that for the upcoming catering service, you could have a food prep building with some appliances that would allow you to wash trays, and prepare new food to be loaded onto the plane. This also allows different airlines to customize what they are serving.

Food prep building is needed.

2 Likes

Isn’t it already in Catering facility building? Trucks deliver frest ingrediants and facility turns them into airplane food.

What I mean is that you can customize the inside of the building too.

1 Like

What I mean is that you can customize the inside of the building too.

I think that would be over micro-management.

2 Likes

Such micromanagement would be welcome if looking for optimisation, as long as we can get a “default build” option, with a pre-known working setup and output.

2 Likes

For example, a budget airline maybe serves a couple drinks and some peanuts and pretzels, while the first class in Long haul flights serve a juicy steak and salad with wine.

The micromanaging (interior building) would probably not be a thing but just like the implementation of the fuelstations I think. (But I do hope so, including kitchens for restaurants ect) there will come a smaller building later on so you can ‘grow’ in the bigger buildings maybe even with the expansion buildings like with the extra fueltanks. The fuel stuff also started with only the big fuel station and expaned over time with more buildings.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.