Cleaning and maintenance

So been having a read back through some forum stuff to try and fill the void that is life before ACEO. Know maintence has had some discussion, but less than it deserves, and cleaning I don’t think has been at all! Not sure if some or all of this is implemented :slight_smile:

My thoughts are that perhaps floor tiles could gradually deteriorate (get dirtier). This is faster where lots of people are using a route, and also near entrances to terminal (muddy feet!) Litter can also get dropped if no bins, or if bins are full. Bathrooms and plants need cleaning too- otherwise it begins to make people unhappy.

Better floors and better cleaning kit can reduce the number of staff you need. Potentially debris needs collecting airside too, or even vehicles need washing, though guess that’s a bit more complex/ might not add to it

4 Likes

I think janitors are there… Devs??

And each toilet would break down after 500-600 uses, requiring maintenance to come and fix it :slight_smile:

We have prepared for this and might include it depending before release depending on the time it implements the already queued tickets.

We have over time evolved our node system to support this feature exactly as you describe it. It will also allow us to render data maps showing which areas that are more or less congested as well as other features.

This is also in the pipeline, we have prepared for a system that’ll allow objects to get dirtier and break down depending on the number of times they have been used.

All great suggestions and stuff that’ll make operating your airport more difficult. Indeed something that is a must for the gameplay value.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.