Commercial aircraft "long-term" parking

Hi folks,

while driving past the airport today I saw some of the night stoppers. That made me wonder why not include it in ACEO as well.

The basic logical principle is already in the game and is used for GA aircraft. Now all that needs to be done (spoken from a programming noob), is to make commercial aircraft (Small / Medium and eventually Large) do the same. I figured out some more possibilities though:

• Night stopper: Could either stay at the stand it last stood, if it is not required for another flight. Otherwise it will be pulled by a push-back truck to a free stand. These stands should normally be somewhere on a different ramp and must not necessarily be connected to a terminal or even gate (e.g. busgate). Now I guess that this would require some modifications to the Flight Scheduler and that a towing logic would have to be implemented, but it would certainly add a nice feature. A night-stopper would definitely have to be mentioned in the flight request within the Flight Scheduler, so that the CEO is aware.

• Ad-hoc long-term storage: Sometimes an airline goes bankrupt or has to park an aircraft for some time at an airport. This could also be implemented in ACEO. It could work comparable to shops/restaurants in that there would be certain stands with a seperate “zoning” for “long-term aircraft parking”. Every once in a while there would be a request to park an aircraft for a certain amount of time (e.g. 2 days, 4 days, etc.) and a fee per hour.

Something for the feature voting? I guess this is a nice-to-have feature for the future, nothing for now. But maybe it is a topic the Dev’s could include in any development that needs to be done anyway.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.