Hi, Boss! I just talked with the Governor, and gotta say, they loved what you’ve done with the airport! They look so sleek, modern-ish but with that special touch!
Plymouth International Airport - brand new, sleek, and chic
Anyways, the Board has unanimously authorized the expansion of PIA. The government will allow the purchase of 1 additional plot of land next to the airport. However, for this next expansion, the government has high aspirations for us.
Let me check first. From the Governor’s Office, we need to:
- Build at least 4 medium stands
- Offer more comprehensive services including baggage, catering, and cleaning
- Maintain operations of existing commercial and GA stands
- Reach a daily passenger count of 2500
- Reach an airline overall rating of 80%
- Reach an passenger overall rating of 75%
- Reach a security overall rating of 80%
- Maintain a daily operating profit of $500,000
- Have a cash reserve of $5,000,000
- Employ 200 people directly or indirectly
These should help attract more tourist, and hopefully businesses to invest in our country. The government has also authorized the construction of a rail system from the airport to the north and south points to help with the traffic congestion.
That being said, the local labor union has also sent a worded letter. It praises us about our contribution to the local economy. However, the Governor and the union has signed an agreement limiting working hours; maximum 4 hours per shift, and a standard 9-5 working hour for our office staffs.
I know it sounds like a lot, but hang in there boss! You know, I heard there were talks for the airport to be sold off to a third party. If we can prove that this island can be an attractive paradise, no doubt someone else would be taking over and you can soon enjoy sunshine on the beach!
Nothing like sunshine and a few pina coladas on Woodlands Beach, ey?
PS: Oh, and another small note from the Governor’s office: Keep the airport fenced in!
Hi everyone, sorry for taking a long time. I’ve finally finished tallying up the results and can finally continue on Stage 2. In Stage 2, the goal is expansion, so don’t be afraid to go big!
For those who are unaware, the gist of this Community Design Challenge is that you’re taking an airport (this airport, PIA) and achieving milestones given a certain set of restrictions. I’ll upload the save for PIA, and you can design it however you want to achieve the milestone. Post your design here, along with your saves (so I can confirm it), then I can check whether you have achieved the milestone. One save, which has the best design while achieving the standards above, will be used as template for Stage 3 (which will have new milestones and such).
The only technical restrictions I’m running for this challenge are:
- You must run on Realistic International Stand setting.
- All saves must be on public build, not experimental (to ensure stability).
- No mods used on the airport (this is to make things fairer, especially later down the line).
So the objectives are quite clear:
Subway can now be used on the airport. Baggage handling is enabled. If you want to tear down the terminals and build a new one, you’re welcome (though it will be costly).
Daily passenger count is not the number on the dashboard / bottom UI, but based on the operations report. Following that, please don’t deleted the operations and economy report. This is how I’ll track whether your airport can keep those stable numbers :v
How Major Employer works is, your staff is counted on a 1:1 basis (so 200 staff = 200 employment). However, your contracts, connections, and franchises all count towards this number:
- Franchise Staff counts as 1:2 basis (so 1 franchise staff = 2 employment),
- Garbage counts as 20 for employment,
- Catering counts as 20 (1-star), 40 (2-star), and 50 (3-star),
- Bus stop counts as 1:5 (1 stop = 5 employment),
- Subway counts as 1:20 (only counts once, 1 subway connection = 20 employment)
The link for the save (finally managed to get Workshop working):
Deadline for Submission is 26/07/2020 at 12 AM (midnight) CEST
Disclaimer: this challenge is not affiliated in any way, shape, or form, with Apoapsis Studios AB except pertaining to the use of Airport CEO as the basis of the challenge. This is meant to be a fun way to do something new as a community.