Community Realism Mod

So I would like to suggest Virgin America and Australia, seeing that Virgin Atlantic is already on the list. Also, just as a note, OP, you have Japan Air Lines listed twice as “JAL airlines” and “Japan Airlines.”

You forgot jet blue!

Thanks didn’t notice that they are the same

Guys, just a little remark: the templates of the aircrafts in ACEO can still change. If you already start with modding/designing now, it’s possible that all your hard work is lost / not longer applicable when the devs decide to change the designs of the aircrafts.

I suggest to just wait until there’s more news about modding airlines. Maybe it’s something that will only be added in 2 years?

1 Like

legacy builds

@JeremyK is right, maybe even there are background features we haven’t seen.

Airlines: Vueling, Level, Volotea.

There isn’t a decent 78 available yet. Though one is in the works.

http://www.qualitywingssim.com/787.html

You can certainly email their PR departments and request permission, though they’re not going to care one way or another the vast majority of the time. Again, its free advertising and brand recognition. In fact, I’ve found most of them have gone out of their way to help with a few of my projects that were difficult with regards to livery design. SAS, KLM and American for example sent me tons of reference materials, AI and PSD assets, and even copyrighted fonts that aren’t available to the public.

1 Like

@DetCord it sounds good but every airline in world is not that generous.

Simply pointing out three of them that went above and beyond. No where did I state they’d all be jumping at the chance to devote time and materials.

I have an important question for real airlines mod in future:

Airline base code allows modded airlines to have a HUB airport?

Depending on how the templating works, I might through my hat in the ring on this.

Um, with regards to copyrighting, it’s not just the airlines you know.

There’s also the other “equivalent”, like HSBC, Santander, Starbucks, etc.

Plus, if you want to make it realistic, a proper study of how the stores also lays out their store is also important, not to mention the correct choice of interior color.

That being said, I’d be willing to help a little bit. For example, for the fuel, you could use the big companies, which are Air BP, Shell, ExxonMobil, Chevron, Gazprom, Sinopec, Aramco, Total and Petrobras.

1 Like

I’m Willing to try to get alle the artwork integrated in the game

Loganair relaunched recently with a lovely slick livery.

Would be brilliant to see it in the game!

(I’d love to help, but have the artistic talent of a blind monkey).

Alitalia. strong text for minimum characters

For an airline’s 1 aircraft type (lets say British Airways B737-800), the work is based on 80% livery and 20% coding. Coding should be easy since Devs use JSON structure. But livery painting would need hardcore photoshop usage. I hope Unity engine has an easy way to solve it.

I’m closing this. Add your ideas here: