Computer specifications?

Setting, or rather estimating, the hardware specs is one of the more difficult aspect of this project, believe it or not. There are many questions to consider but mainly at what stage in the game the hardware specs should reflect. A light airport, a medium airport or a massive airport? The strain on the hardware will greatly vary depending on the number of objects you build. There is no physical limit to how large an airport you can build (as long as you don’t build multiple terminals or in any other way break the current design rules) but there definitely is a hardware limit one.

As we continue our internal testing program on different rigs the specs are likely to change but perhaps not drastically. They may seem high to some and low to others but the worst thing we can do is to set too low specs and fool people. Ultimately our best recommendation is to, and this doesn’t only concern the hardware perspective, buy the game and test it. If you find it unplayable or if you think it sucks then you have the option to get it refunded within the two hour play span.

7 Likes

So don’t buy Apple products if you want to play games? I’ve got a huge library of games on my MacBook and they all perform very well indeed, thank you very much. The days of Apple not being gaming computers are long in the past. Besides, I’m not buying a high end desktop PC just to play games when I need a good quality portable laptop for work anyway.

My point is that the processor requirement seems high for macs, surprisingly so considering what they can run with the entry level processors, and what I do run. I suspect that the game could probably run with less than that, albeit perhaps it will struggle with larger airports.

3 Likes

My Mac laptop doesn’t meet cpu and cpu, my cpu is i5 1.7 GZ not 2.7GZ and gpu is in 300s M not 1G everything else is ok for the mimum requirements. But would still like to play the game

1 Like

Let’s try it on my laptop. It’s a 2,7 GHZ multi tread Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, but it only has an Nvidia chipset 5400M with 1GB RAM.

As I can play GTAV and Cities Skylines on medium settings, it should be fine.

1 Like

I have both an Asus 2013 Zenbook and Surface Pro 4 which I intend to try the game on, so I’ll be interested to see given they are more toward the minimum spec end.

Regardless I’d honestly rather the devs keep the money cos I will most likely be more than happy to put up with lag for this game until I find a better PC. Might have to keep to efficient small airports though.

2 Likes

Yeah!I can play both on my iMac and on my laptop!:slightly_smiling_face:

Finally someone who talked some sense regarding Mac gaming, thank you!!

1 Like

Apple sucks… Atleast in the computer sector… Too less specs for the money we pay. And yeah… It seems that they dont want anything to be compatible with other non-Apple devices.
I can make a two-three times faster Desktop in the price we pay for a Mac. And there are many good laptops… Much better than Macbooks available in the market… In the same price.

Macs have become a niche product… Which people buy to show off… Atleast in my friend circle. Their performance is average. But people buy bcoz they look good and cost high… Perfect for showing off.
They are OK for normal work tasks (OK bcoz incompatible to many other devices), perform average when it comes to gaming.

iPhone?? I personally dont like iOS… But the hardware they provide really is cool. So iPhone is worth the money… But I will still prefer Android.

I am not a Windows fan or Android fan… My opinions are based on my experience. :wink:
Now I wait for die hard Apple fans to retaliate

3 Likes

12 Likes

Each platform has pros and cons. Lets not continue this war on these forums. Although i like any humorous images :smile:

I just find that Apple’s OS is much more useful and provides better performance for what I need - that is predominantly work related for me. When I have the misfortune of having to use a Windows PC, I am so grateful that I have a Mac. Everything just works, and when it doesn’t it’s usually pretty easy to fix.

As for compatibility… I interchange documents with Windows all the time and have basically no issues. I run Mac-designed powerpoint on Windows with basically no issues. There are no issues. Where there are compatibility issues, it’s usually the Windows end of things (and even that is now very rare) because Apple has really gone out of its way to make things compatible on the Mac. And, as we’ve said, releasing games on Macs is now the norm. I also have a Playstation, and between the two devices I can run pretty much anything I want to.

I don’t particularly care what other people run; if you’re happy with it, then that’s fine and really that’s all that matters. But I’m glad I switched to Mac about 10 years ago. It’s not that I’m a fanboy or want to show off, and I certainly won’t buy the products that aren’t useful (Apple Watch doesn’t do it for me) or defend silly decisions (the loss of the headphone jack was done too early IMO). I have a system that works and that I never have to worry about. For me, it’s worth paying a bit extra for a stable system that delivers.

But, let’s not degenerate into a fight as pderuiter says. I have no interest in fighting about operating systems because I have much better things to do. But let’s just say that a lot of what is said about Apple products isn’t entirely true.

8 Likes

I don’t know if you really want to edit this in the store page, but your naming of the macOS operating systems is a bit weird.

Minimum OS: Mac OS X 10 (or higher)
Recommended OS: mac OS Sierra

I’d suggest to use the same notation on both fields, and use the proper spelling, like:
OS X Yosemite or OS X 10.10 or OS X 10.10 Yosemite
macOS Sierra or macOS 10.12 or macOS 10.12 Sierra

I’m probably just a bit picky, but I more often see system requirement sheets that don’t get it right and it has started to annoy me a bit :sweat_smile:. (But that’s also because Apple has changed the naming of macOS three times now… Well, at least the X is out of the name so that people won’t pronounce it as ‘Mac OS eks’ anymore.)

1 Like

Just wondering, I have .2 GHZ below minimum requirements, but I can run PA well. So do you guys think I’ll be able to run ACEO alright? I know I can get a refund if it doesn’t, but I’m just curious

Probably yes. You would have to keep your airport small i reckon.

Fortunately my 10yr old pc is .2GHz above the recommended requirement.

Doesn’t really matter. Clean your PC - physically and digitally (use CCleaner or sth) - and give it a fair try at ACEO. You might be surprised how the CPU can do much more than run ACEO. :slight_smile:

Please, don’t use CCleaner or any sort of registry cleaning software. It can cause a lot of issues depending on the software and drivers you’re running.

Use the built-in Disk Cleanup tool or completely reinstall Windows. This will solve a lot of your performance issues while being able to keep your programs most of the time.

2 Likes

Those a lot of issues only happen if you don’t use your brain - which as in any aspect of life is key to do…
For me, I never had any issue using CCleaner. I use it for half a decade now, second PC by now. I rarely delete any registry because one’s sense should tingle that this might be not too smart to do on an usual basis and especially not before making sure to know what the stuff is I am about to delete or change.
Anyways, CCleaner is doing something different than the Disk Cleanup tool. Just like hammer and pickaxe, both tools can be used to achieve the same goal while they clearly are not intended to be interchangable.
And reinstalling Windows is a pain in the ass for everyone who does that knowing some stuff but only once per Windows version (like me) and is absolutely no option for newbies without help.

My point being: If using CCleaner you are only the danger yourself if you tick everything without using brain power. If you don’t know what you are about to delete - just don’t. But if you know, you can get quite a lot of extra cleanliness out of your PC if you use it along the DC tool.
To be fair tho… with people nowadays, a big warning on things that you need to use with your brain seems like a good idea. :smile:

An example: I got 2.5 GB with CC and additional 170 MB back by using the DC tool for data I won’t touch with CCleaner. :smiley: Eventho I am not saying there aren’t softwares that would be a better fit to remove e.g. duplicates but I am a lazy ass.

I am thinking about get it while on sale but I have MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2011) witch is running os 10.12.5
with CPU of 1.7 GHz Intel Core i5 ,memory of 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, cpu is this Intel HD and GPU of this Graphics 3000 384 MB. it’s ok the game work so far

Your computer would definitely struggle with larger airports. If you want to build large international hubs I would recommend holding off until we’ve been able to optimize the game a bit more and finish our optimization sprints.