Contributions

Well, this may sound weird, and I don’t know how many people (I hope many) would be agreeing with me on this, but I think the devs should accept money donations in the website.
It’s pretty clear that they are working a lot in this game, and that is probably their only job (hence income), and I want they to keep it that way, so to me the best would be to contribute with something just to let them know how much I appreciate their hard work.
I have seen some other game projects that were abandoned just because the devs could not afford to spend enough time to it, and I don’t want that happen with ACEO.
Is just a though, I’m pretty sure there is a lot of people in this community that would gladly help.

By the way, I know this may not be the proper category, but I want to SUPPORT the devs. Pun intended.

4 Likes

Correct, the launch of Airport CEO in 2017 enabled us to quit our boring IT jobs and switch over to running this studio…

… and we have enough fuel to burn for a few years ahead, to complete ACEO and to start and release a new title, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about. Regardless, if we were to go bankrupt before the full release of ACEO (which is not going to happen) we would still complete the game on the side. The sales of ACEO enable us to do this full time and of course massively accelerates the development both in terms of reduced time and especially quality but the completion of this particular game (ACEO) is not fully dependent on it.

That said, we will not enable pure donations as it does not align with out business model and general beliefs. We want to make great games that people want to play, in exchange for money that pays our salary making those games. An easy way to support us is thus to gift the game to friends or for example buy the soundtrack we released as a DLC last week, we might also at some point launch a merch store which could act as an additional income stream while still providing values to those who would be interested in having an ACEO mug on their gaming desk.

7 Likes

I am glad to hear that. Because I also want to spend few years ahead with you guys and I want to see the improvement of ACEO and Apoapsis Studios with my own eyes. :blush:

As Olof stated, the best way to support the game is buying it, sharing it, gifting it and advertising it via videos and streams.

However, this is my own personal idea, some major and independent from base game features should be cheaper priced DLCs.

5 Likes

ACEO Mug :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

ACEO Mug :heart_eyes_cat:

I WANT ONE TOO!!! :heart_eyes_cat:

4 Likes

This is of course also an option! We just really don’t want to talk about paid additional content before the game is fully released and well received - that is our number one top priority at this point.

4 Likes

I :heart: my mug. It’s right in front of my main computer.

5 Likes

Where did you get that? :thinking: :scream_cat:

Me very jealous now :innocent:

2 Likes

From the hands of Olof himself with Fredrik and Alex watching, with a very pretty gift wrap paper too :slight_smile: My heart was so overjoyed with their surprise too. :heart:

Was when I met up with the team at Games Con last August. Yes I coveted one for the longest of times too.

3 Likes

This. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.