Country and/or Continent Based Features in Game

Feature request title:

Country and/or Continent Based Features in Game

Description:

Since we are going to have passport controls and customs feature, there will be some country and/or continent data in game. I mean you wouldn’t have an international flight if your airport is located in UK and you have a flight from another UK airport. So I want to use this chance to implement some more features that are based on real life.

• There will be 3 types of airlines in game: On every game the airlines will be reset and be different than previous games.

• A. That flies on only domestic routes (in game airlines with mostly small and medium airplanes).
    • B. That flies on domestic and international routes.
    • C. That flies on only international routes.
  • GA flights will have reg number of arrival country. So if you have an airport in Germany and a GA flight is coming from a German airport, it will have “D-” reg start. If it comes from France, it will have “F-”

• If airport is located on a country that drives on left side of road, vehicles will drive on left side of road.

• Some countries will have banned flight restrictions to other airports. For example if you have an airport in North Korea, you can have flights to China, Russia but you won’t have flights to USA, Japan and other countries.

• For modding community, there would be new code strings on .json files such as;

• "base_country" that defines base country of airline that flies. It can be multiple. For British Airways it is UK, for Easyjet it can be many.
    • "primary_base_airport" that defines the base airport of airline that flies. It can be multiple as "secondary_base_airport". Game gives priority to flights from specific airport but not all flights will be from here. For British Airways base airport will be Heathrow but Gatwick, Stansed, Birmingham etc… will be secondary airports that BA flies.
  • ETOPS: basically not all aircrafts can fly in between all destinations. As to make things not very complicated, I made an excel sheet that shows which aircrafts can fly in between which destinations on which continent. So for example an airline can use all aircrafts while flying in between South America with North America. However that airline cannot use all aircrafts in between North America and Asia. It has to use one of “ETOPS ONLY” aircrafts.

Game code can check these informations before creating a flight:
Do arrival and departure airports are located in ETOPS ONLY continents list?
Yes
Does airline have ETOPS ONLY aircraft in its fleet?
Yes
Does airports are in maximum and minimum range?
Yes

Then this flight can be offered to player.

• (Room for more ideas, make sure to write down yours)

Why it should be implemented:

Realism :sunglasses:

Images, references or additional content:

ACEO community managed to create an airport PAX capacity and traffic list that is used on Alpha 34. It took 6 months and tens of volunteer members’. That data sheet contains every airports’ location and country information. I am sure that the excel for these features can be made by same community with no sweat.

I like this idea - particularly the new strings in the .json file for the modding community. You could also launch another airline design competition to create new country/continent specific in-game airlines

Great idea! Some remarks.

If airport is located on a country that drives on left side of road, vehicles will drive on left side of road.

I would create another feature request for this and narrow it down to a switch in the game setup menu so people can choose which side of the road the vehicles will drive.

Some countries will have banned flight restrictions to other airports. For example if you have an airport in North Korea, you can have flights to China, Russia but you won’t have flights to USA, Japan and other countries.

Maybe better to add this to the mod option, so people can decide to load that mod instead of the game making those decisions. Political landscape changes almost on a daily basis these days, so maybe not really logical to have it ‘hardcoded’ in game.

5 Likes

ETOPS feature request is added to this feature request topic.

2 Likes

I like this idea
Voted!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.