Crew Operation Center

Hey guys

What do u think about a Operation Center for the crews where they check-in and do the briefing. Would be also cool to see that the crew will be transported to the aircraft.

8 Likes

I like this.

I’m not quite sure. It sounds as a good idea, but how is it in real life? Does anybody knows?

As far as i know, there is a bar where pilots pick up their papers with information they need for the flight, like weather forecast and what not.

If an aircraft is parked somewhere further away, the crew is transported there as far as i know, together with a APU to get the engines started

I) Crew enters airport security area through external pathways (e.g. in Duesseldorf you can see them disappear sometimes in some doors near the security checks) :smiley:

II) Crew gets checked just like any passenger/person entering security relevant areas

III) Cockpit crew meets to pick up their flight instructions (to-be-flown pathways etc)

IV) Crew (whole) meets in a room to discuss the procedures for the upcoming flight(s) such as who will do which job so everyone knows where the other will be in in-flight problems (etc)

V) they leave either through special bus/transfer terminals to be transported via apron to their respective gate/airplane or take a walk to the according gate (that are the crews you see passing you if you wait infront of the gate on some occassions) :slight_smile:

That’s basically how it works in total simplicity. :smiley: :airplane:

6 Likes

Someone who knows what he is talking about :wink: do you work at the airport ?

Crew drives to the airport via bus/shuttle/dropoff or long stay parking.

They walk inside, get cleared through security.

They go to a meeting room for a briefing with all the staff involved in the flight

They take a second method of transport to get to the gate and prepare the flight.

Sounds like a good idea mentioned.

1 Like

I work in the tourism industry (distribution of a very large European tour operator ;)) but my big passion is aviation and since I am into that since almost 20 years now at some point I came across those procedures aswell. :smiley:

1 Like

That sounds cool :wink: I’ve actually worked in the tourism industry before I switched to the aviation industry :wink:

1 Like

That’s my next step. :blush:

I didn’t regret it! :slight_smile: Where r u based ?

We’re driving this a bit off-topic but in Aachen or Oberursel(Frankfurt). :smiley:

2 Likes

Call me party pooper, but wouldn’t a crew center, which require active interaction, make the game too complex? I mean, we are handling infrastructure, airplanes, staff…

Hey party pooper (kidding ;)) I agree with you. Thats why I think it would be cool if there is not really a interaction from the player needed. The idea is more the visual effect of seeing the crew coming, getting through staff security, checkin in on a computer terminal for their flight, attending a briefing afterwards and then going to the aircraft (either by foot or crew bus)

1 Like

The challenge is the fun thing

1 Like

I agree. This should be something that happens without interaction from the player. However if you don’t have a good security check so the crew gets stuck the flight might be delayed or if you can’t transport the crew to the plane.

1 Like

Also at Heathrow BA crew go from their car park or hotel by BA crew bus.

Hey Joshua, welcome to the forums :slight_smile:

You are replying to some pretty old threads there :smiley:

I know. :airplane:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.