Custom Destinations (More realism)

I have thought about it since I installed some mods. For example, i located the airport in europe and signed contract with American Airlines and Delta, but they have random destinations and because the airport wasn’t very close to US and there are no big planes currently, they didn’t come from US but from for example Germany. I wish if there was a main country for Airlines, like Polish airlines are flying from and to Poland Only.

Thank you.

2 Likes

In the previous year ACEOMM had a project for that. Me and @pderuiter worked really hard on gathering datas.

We first gathered airlines data.

• Which airline has which fleet
  • Which airline flies in which country. For example:

easyJet > United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
easyJet Europe > Austria
easyJet Switzerland > Switzerland

• Airline size according to fleet and average passenger capacity.

Then we gathered aircraft data.

• Number of passengers
  • Required minimum runway length to take off and landing
  • Range
  • Fuel capacity
  • Can land on grass runway or not

And last, we gathered airport data. We found 14000 airports’ datas from internet that ACEO uses. In some cases we had to make assumptions.

• Annual passenger number
  • Annual cargo number
  • Does airport have grass or asphalt runway
  • Airport runway length(s)

So in conclusion, the flights will come and go from/to suitable airports related with destination airport, airline and aircraft. So we will see (Imagine a medium sized airport in Mid USA);

• An American B787 coming from JFK while An American A320-200 coming from Denver
  • A Delta A330 coming from Atlanta
  • Aeromexico 777-200 coming from Mexico City while a 737 coming from Hermosillo Airport
  • Spirit coming from varions middle sized airports around USA
  • A British Airways 767 coming from UK
  • An Air France 777 from France
  • A rural Cessna-based airline coming from a mountain airport in country.
  • Various General Aviation aircrafts in country

(These all are general examples to show what would be like. Details can be altered)

But then development of game advanced, we lost contact with @pderuiter and I focused on ACEOMM liveries and stuff. @Fredrik I think we sent you the airport sheet and nothing has been changed right?

2 Likes

Is it going to be implemented in the future? There is a Hungarian airline Wizz which has flight for example from Germany to France and hasn’t got main country.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.