De-icing in stands, during turnarounds

An option to help de-ice the pads, the de-ice operation can be done at the stands during turnarounds…
When using only de-ice pads, it ends up forming a choke in the taxiways to the runway…

Look a aircraft de-icing at gate…

6 Likes

It would add realism to the game. I definitely agree, that’s a small thing but it would help. I found de-icing more common ossuring during turnaround than on a special pad.

1 Like

Its no normal de-ice in the stand because if you have to wait a lot to take of after pushback you will have snow and ice over the wings and its a big problem … Is better and more realistic like we have now

Most airports don’t allow this as it requires special drainage at the gate to handle the glycol. Most airports have designated areas for de-icing for this reason.

Think in depends on the climate/geographical location of the airport. In the UK all de-icing is done at the gate as there simply aren’t enough icy days in the year to justify buying/maintaining a lot of de-icing equipment. I’ve been sat on a plane on the stand and told we’re 5th in the queue for de-icing cause there was 1 truck handling the entire airport.

In Scandinavia, however, there are separate de-icing pads as per the game because there are prolonged cold spells where de-icing will be needed for days/weeks on end, so it makes sense for the airports to invest more in de-icing equipment.

We have a similar issue in the UK with snow, because it’s sufficiently rare that companies don’t feel the need to invest in snow ploughs etc., so 1 large snow dump will bring the country to a grinding halt, but that’s a different story…