Deleting Spam E-Mails

One of the promised features of the game is the ability to delete spam e-mails from the e-mail system. I like the idea of receiving spam, makes the game realistic. I’m sure airport managers are not immune to marriage proposals from Nigerian princesses and the like.

It’s not an idea that’s unique to this game; Airline Tycoon featured junk mail (I think you could safe the endangered zebra beetle or something), but it was just junk e-mail that you put into the bin, nothing more than a waste of time. It would be nice if we could, instead of deleting them, reply to these spam e-mails. I don’t expect or want a full scam bait simulator, I think it’s a case of reply to the e-mail and lose money on the spot. I don’t think the devs should spend days and weeks implementing this. But it could be an interesting idea to be able to pay the scammers money and duly receive nothing in return.

I know it’s a bit silly and it certainly isn’t the key focus of the game, nor should it be. But having the spam serve a purpose beyond just needing to delete it might be quite entertaining. If some of the spam is actually quite convincing (My airline wants to start routes from your airport, kindly wire $1000000 via Western Union) then maybe some players could even be taken in by it!

2 Likes

“Click HERE for a free iPad!”

As long as it’s not too common that it detracts from the purpose of the game then I think it could add a little immersion and attention to detail is always nice, though I don’t think it’s completely necessary…

^ I agree it’s not completely necessary, and I agree that it should not come in the way of the game.

But since we have spam e-mail, it would be nice to reply to it. As I’ve said, I don’t think that they should be convoluted. I think it’s a case of reply to the e-mail and lose money. If the option’s there, someone might just be tempted. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this option in a game before, so people might not expect it.

Maybe you could pay €100,000 for high resolution departure screens to improve your passenger experience and you get sent a box of broken computer monitors or something.

I think there is a reason you dont see this in other games…it’s not fun.
either you are a new player, and lose money you desperately need. Sound fun? No.
Or you are an experienced player and you just ignore it.

1 Like

I quite enjoy this idea because, as stated before, it gives a reason to include spam mail. If the only thing you can do is delete them. What is fun with that? It also gives the CEO a reason to upgrade the spam mail detector.

Of all the things I have seen demoed in this game, this is the only thing I hate. There is a point where being relistic is a drawback, and this hits it. There is no value added, and all it does is frustrate. So when we get notification that we have email, there is a chance it is about our long lost relative who is a multi-millionaire and all we need is to pony up a banking fee or to sell us Viagara? No thanks please.

1 Like

Actually no. Company servers are immune to spam in ways.
They do have very strict filters they block all random spam from getting into the server. Plus company emails are not put out there to the public so spam does not come in like you get from your google yahoo aol email.

That is a large portion of income for email providers is to sell your email to companies selling things.
Since company emails are not sold.
They do not receive the bulk of the spam.
In order for companies to spam company emails. They would have to know the company email @" " directly. Then they have to try all the combinations of “names”@ in order to find it.

Some do get a hold of some company emails by hacking your google yahoo ect contacts and get through but that is where the filters come in.

However. Would be nice to reply to spam emails and if you reply correctly. You can find easter eggs or free stuff. Like that extra money my distant cousin that I do not know and was living halfway around the world who left me 100 grand or a new airplane.

It’s still quite common that some spam passes through, even in large company’s. However, there’s an in-game spam filter that you can buy which blocks all spam… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.