Demanding turnaround services

I wanna highlight this.
What i feel atm is that every aircraft wants all services? Don’t know if this is actually the case.
And i like the new update where cleaning have to be completed before boarding can start.
But each aircraft that lands should request turnaround services depending on a few factors.

Arriving flight.
If shorter than 1h and/or fewer than 100 pax. No cleaning is needed. Crew will do it them self. So boarding can start earlier.
If fuel is at 50% no fuel will be requested.

Departure flight
If shorter than 1h no catering will be requested.
If fuel is “enough for the trip” no fuel will be requested.

That what i can think of now in terms of factors. There sure is more tho.

1 Like

Actually there are a few flights already not requesting catering. I always see a few without in my flight monitor.
Cleaning will always be needed, at least they have to pick up the trash bags. But it would be nice to have some flights where it’s quicker.
Fuel currently isn’t always loaded to 100%, some flights even just require about 30%. That’s a realistic way because in reality they always require some fuel for the next leg. Tankering for several flights would be too expensive because of the additional weight, usually airlines do it only if the destination doesn’t have refueling available (I have had those flights due to strikes in the past).

1 Like

This happens because your fuel trucks run out of fuel and are forced to refuel at the depot. All flights demand refueling to be carried out to 100%.

I’ve already noticed that, but the trucks do not refuel the aircraft to the what ever requested level, they simply drive back to the parking lot, even if they just refueled e.g. 1k liter JET1A, because they went empty at that moment. That should be changed.

Okay, I thought it was intended because the flights don’t complain and just depart with less fuel than 100%. I actually liked it because it feels more realistic, but obviously it’s just a bug in this case.

I thought the required services depend on the star-rating of the flight.
If you only assign the flights with the most stars, you earn more money and have to provide more service.
The stars of the flights depend on the airline.

AFAIK

I think refueling should not depend on the star-Rating of the flight/airline. It always should depend on the destination.

Yes, distance of the flight and size of the airplane should be relevant for refueling (although size of the airplane doesn’t matter for the percentage because smaller planes also have smaller fuel capacity, but absolute value required and thus time needed for refueling should change).

Finetuning of the game will eventually happen, devs want to have the ‘basics’ in first and when that runs without major issues/bugs more finetuning and gadgets can be added. Real finetuning will probably happen in Beta phase before version 1.0 releases.

3 Likes

They discus a CO2-tax on aviation fuel in Germany currently. If it will be taxed, airlines will fuel outside Germany (resulting in using more gas because they will fly heavier).

So fueling service is not only depending on distance, it’s also a business decision.

I agree on that, but I think that it will not be so easy on long-haul flights from and to Germany and also not for domestic flights within Germany, to refuel somewhere outside :wink:
In the end the passengers has to pay it anyway.

Actually I don’t even think they will get more fuel on European flights unless the tax will be extremely high (maybe >25%). They simply don’t save enough because of additional usage due to being heavier and also the additional material cost (e.g. higher tyre and brakes wear when landing heavier).

Long haul flight to Germany are fueled at flight origin, abroad.
Long haul flight from Germany could do a stopover in a neighbouring country.
Airplanes on domestic flight will be put on rotation with neighbouring countries where they will be fueled.

Maybe you can’t zero the co2 tax, but there are ways to minimize it.

If it’s reasonable or not will depend on the tax amount, fuel prices in different countries, dollar rate and of course the fuel contracts between airline and provider and the fuel price hedging and what ever…

That´s a point ! Furthermore i think that the demand on flights will increase further, as i said the PAX have to pay it anyway, same in France with their tax on flights beginning next year.
I think that the airlines would hardly feel this tax.

The long haul flights always refuel at origin and destination. I do not think that the "refuel stop“ in a neighborhood country would make such huge impact in terms of saving Money. The planes have to start again from that particular Airport which is huge factor of fuel flow. I don´t even think that the planes have so much fuel capacities for 2 Long haul flights. Correct me if i am wrong :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.