Dev Blog 130: Last phase of multiple floor, completing the de-icing implementation, localization tests and NG19!

Hello peeps! Today was the last day of NG19 and we managed to get some time in to write the dev blog as promised. It’s now finalized and live per the usual link below, check it out:

… aaaand have a dope weekend!

12 Likes

Nice, by the new aircraft “P 1900 D” are you referring to the Beech 1990D?

Nice Devblog,

I got a thing to say, since it has been quite long time since the last big release and since it is a funtamental change on the game, I would like to see another Gameplay Video on AirportCEO Youtube Channel. This will improve the hype towards the game, it will be a great announcement of multifloors and it will remove questions in head about multifloors (like how many floors, what and how can be constructed…)

12 Likes

Does it make sense that a de-icing truck will just abandon its task if it doesn’t have enough fluid? Surely it should refill at the end of a task, if it doesn’t have enough for the next task.

6 Likes

Yes. It’s the 1900D

1 Like

Nice devblog guys, thanks for that! Hope you enjoyed the Nordic Games Conference, looked pretty busy at your booth :+1: Looking forward to the upcoming updates, multi floors will add another layer of fun and a complete new management level as well as the turnaround services, a lot to dig in to in the upcoming weeks! :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

You mean ‘now’ instead of not? :laughing:

2 Likes

This Dev blog was supposed to have something about cleaning service :neutral_face:

its mentioned in there - its coming soon

Starting next week, we’ll move onto the third and final turnaround service: Cabin cleaning! More to come about that in the next dev blog

1 Like

Who won the airport design contest and when is it going to be used? I have been wondering, because there is no mention of it in the pipeline.

1 Like

Dev blog 129

Dev blog 130

1 Like

Ouch, I know how that feels…

1 Like

Super excited! Waiting till this gets released to start a new airport.

Not that it is a problem, but I think it would make more sense to have the “DE-ICING PAD” mark placed at the entry point, rather than the exit points.

1 Like

De-Icing and multiple floors! Great job! Sometimes life can be busy!! I am still around! I follow this game for long time now this game came a long ways!

1 Like

Looks like me and 11 more people are on the same page :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone commented this. I live in a tropical region of South America, so i’ll never ever see snow over here, and i like to emulate airports in my region so… Will de-icing services be mandatory with the new weather implementation? I mean, could we choose not to have “winter”, for example? Or even the game would recognize the airport’s location (as we have to click on a map and so)?

I do not believe so, as I believe it will be a service you toggle on/off in the operations menu, like the baggage service. If it is not enabled, it will not be offered. I do not think it would impact flight offerings if set up this way, but I will let a Dev clarify there. I’m in the same boat, but from Florida. Never see snow!

Will de-icing services be mandatory with the new weather implementation? I mean, could we choose not to have “winter”, for example? Or even the game would recognize the airport’s location (as we have to click on a map and so)?

Develoeprs said on previous devblogs that they will upgrade the weather system alongside De-Ice feature so they may be using annual global temperature charts. If a coordinate in the World doesn’t have sub-zero temperatures in whole year, then I also don’t see any reason to why you have to build de-ice system.

1 Like

Correct. I’m asking because the current game has snow even though the airport is on the equator. Then again, the current weather is rudimentary. But its good to know this will be changed.