Dev Blog 130: Last phase of multiple floor, completing the de-icing implementation, localization tests and NG19!

I do not believe so, as I believe it will be a service you toggle on/off in the operations menu, like the baggage service. If it is not enabled, it will not be offered. I do not think it would impact flight offerings if set up this way, but I will let a Dev clarify there. I’m in the same boat, but from Florida. Never see snow!

Will de-icing services be mandatory with the new weather implementation? I mean, could we choose not to have “winter”, for example? Or even the game would recognize the airport’s location (as we have to click on a map and so)?

Develoeprs said on previous devblogs that they will upgrade the weather system alongside De-Ice feature so they may be using annual global temperature charts. If a coordinate in the World doesn’t have sub-zero temperatures in whole year, then I also don’t see any reason to why you have to build de-ice system.

1 Like

Correct. I’m asking because the current game has snow even though the airport is on the equator. Then again, the current weather is rudimentary. But its good to know this will be changed.

I guess multiple floors, and large aircrafts are close? right? :wink:

Even if realistic weather according to an airports location turns out to be to difficult to achieve, it would be nice to have a few weather options when starting a new game. That would be completely sufficient to solve the issue. :nerd_face:

Check out the dev log update thread! Sounds like they are going to release multiple floors today.

1 Like

Soon :tm:

3 Likes

Soon™

:soon::tm:

When is it coming out

Very Soon™…

17 Likes

Wow, can’t wait :blush:

How long can’t wait

It’s released.

1 Like

I believe that it is out on the experimental now

Wow, can’t wait :blush:

How long can’t wait

It suppose to be released on experimental branch

Yes, it is.

Update is currently rolling out. Should be up and running in a few minutes.

2 Likes

Whoohoo!!! Can’t wait to get off work to play :grinning:

2 Likes

@Olof, you might want to post a link to Dev blog 131 with a new post in this Dev blog section, as you’ve only linked it in a game updates post.

Untill then, for everyone else: Airport CEO Alpha 31 released (The Multi-floor Update)

2 Likes