Dev Blog 132: Stabilizing the multi-floor update and completing the aircraft cabin cleaning update

Good morning, latest dev blog is now published. It’s a short one this time around, so do check it out!

:airplane:

4 Likes

Beautiful devblog guys :blush:

I wonder what we will see in future of AirportCEO since 3 big features are near to be completed :wink:

2 Likes

Devblog Airways flight DL132 has successfully landed at the Airport CEO Forum. All content will disembark shortly and the new turnaround services will clean and restock the aircraft.

3 Likes

Hi, when are those things are going online. Can’t wait anymore :rofl: :joy: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Love what the future of this game holds. Looking at the catering truck in the picture in Dev Blog 132 I have one small complaint.

There’s a turnaround service being provided from the left side of the aircraft. All services should be provided from the right.

1 Like

We hope to deploy Alpha 31 on default as of this Sunday, and Alpha 32 concurrently on the experimental branch.

We have a few technical limitations in regards to servicing doors and where service is being provided which results in a few unrealistic combinations throughout the game. However, this is a tycoon game and not a simulator… so there’s that. Also, we’ve done quite a lot of research and it’s not always a 100 percent solid case for services being delivered on the right, as can be seen in this schematic below. There are also several cases where large aircraft, A380, A330, 747 and more where alternative service doors are used (on the left) not only due to the fact that multiple vehicles may occupy the primary doors but by chance.

Anyway, that’s just an explanation to why service on some aircraft is being provided from the left. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Will all of the vehicles on those charts ever be added to the game?

I guess only the Toilet truck is missing @dewitjur?

edit: oh and water truck it seems

1 Like

vacuum? Air conditioning?

Depends on time, budget and community will. After these new services are added I think we need to prioritize other stuff, as will be detailed in the next dev blog. I can however see us quite easily adding lavatory service in a not too distant future. But as I said, this game is a tycoon game and we have quite a few services now, but lacking other important features which need our attention now.

7 Likes

I tend to agree with this also. There were lots of relevant ideas last year during the vote for new items. Will there be a new vote in the near future following the implementation of the last selectionned items ? (Pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere but can’t remember ^^’).

1 Like

Yes, we will host another round of voting, but this time we’ll enforce a few rules around the size of voted features… :stuck_out_tongue: … I think we’ll do a new round that’s dedicated solely to smaller implementations. Might be difficult for players to understand what counts a small one from a development resource perspective but we’ll simply have to pick and choose once the results are in.

7 Likes

those two + doubling the baggage truck, belt loader and catering truck.

thank you, you are doing a great job!!!

1 Like

Hi, will it be deployed today ? :grinning:

2 Likes

I don’t think so :frowning: Waiting here, too …

short update

3 Likes