Dev Blog 137: Airport CEO celebrates two years in Early Access and putting the final touches on Alpha 33

:star_struck: #HYPED

1 Like

Yes they’ve been testing for around 5 days now. I believe in 3 to 4 days, we’ll be able to test it in first batch of testers.

1 Like

shoud be changed from “internally tested” to “internal test”

cause “tested” sounds like “already done”

2 Likes

It might already be done though…

1 Like

Oh, I mean yeah, technically that’s possible if you drag out one-way all the way, like so:

So in the above example the red circle will work, but the blue probably won’t. One-way direction is node based, so what essentially happens is that the node where the arrow is blocks path finding from a certain direction. That means that in the blue circle road, path finding on the road nodes which don’t have arrows will occur normally while the upper red road will have enforced all the way since each node is marked one-way.

An interesting design case we didn’t think about and even though it will look ugly, yes, with this system you can enforce left hand traffic… :stuck_out_tongue:

Although it would probably just be easier for us to allow a toggle in the start menu, i.e. “left hand traffic” and just flip the current values. But for Alpha 33 this is an ugly workaround.

9 Likes

Would be a good option to be able to have “left hand traffic”. For me it was more I like at certain points on my airport would like to have the busses drive on the left side of the road so they don’t have to turn around with the passangers, but they already did that before. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice teaser for one way roads and handicap parking :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

7 Likes

Oh wow I did not see the handicap parking wow

2 Likes

And real longterm parking😊 can’t wait

2 Likes

And in general parkings !
BTW, it is also interesting to see that the devs placed the handicap parking next to the border, far from the building :thinking:

1 Like

With the ability for fees/parking tickets.

1 Like

Just thinking, does that mean we will also have an assistance service added to the airpot with those trucks ?

1 Like

Nope, maybe in far future, it’s just parking space I think

2 Likes

which building? maybe the terminal is right above the parking :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It makes sense to have the handicap parking at the end of a parking lot, closest to the sidewalk. It could use some extra space though. Generally they’re wider to allow people with weelchairs to embark easier.

2 Likes

lets wait and see. Maybe it is already bigger compaired to the standard ones. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guys is that really your biggest concern where and how big a handicap parking is? :smiley:
I’m almost certain that’s just eye candy and I’m definitely certain there are more important things to focus on…

6 Likes

I’m sure Olof will make it look beautiful and have it work perfectly :smiley:

7 Likes

Initially, I wanted to make a joke, but my message wasn’t received as so.
Anyway, the next update will be about big planes, so anything else is always an extra gift.

1 Like

Happy Anniversary! :hugs:

2 Likes