Dev Blog 144: Soon releasing Alpha 34, beginning work on Alpha 35 and the Airport CEO soundtrack now available!

Only 6 tiles long would work so you could place 2 tiles of wall in the middle.

Well, with the 4X configuration like in the image you can still have a double wall and then, magic, symmetry :laughing:

I just hope you will open script modding in the future to allow us to create the complixity we want in the game like Traffic Manager in CIties Skylines. But the comprmise is ok for the time being.

2 Likes

A few questions on vending machines:

1. How many/what kinds will there be, will there be other than just food (ie. Electronics?)
  2. Will they have to be restocked, or are they infinite in their comforts?
  3. Will you sign a contract with a vendor for the vending machines?
  4. Will there be sound effects :thinking:

Anyways, super excited for the update!

I just realised that while this solution works for jetways, it wont for ground level walk out to the plane and for remote stands. Is there an ability to create a gate door 4 wide that pax will only access on the right as they walk towards it. If so then we could do the same thing for pax arriving by bus or airstairs.

2 Likes

I usually have my departing passengers on the 1st floor with a set of stairs to the a door on ground to the bus stop or airside. I have my arriving passengers just come in at ground and then collect baggage on the ground floor and they very really mix

…or, as someone has proposed, have the possibility to have different bus stops for inbound and outbound.
Maybe by marking them as both, depart, arrive (like the runways can be marked).

Edit: Found the idea here [Already Implemented] One way roads and different apron bus stops for arrival and departure

2 Likes

Thanks for the detailed explanation and also for the Compromise! It archives but most of what i want to accomplish, on question and maybe an idea for the compromise; would it be possible that non-arriving passengers be banned from the baggage claim zone? That is the only thing the compromise as i understod it doesent solve

Just wondering how large your baggage claim zones are that you feel the need to ban people from it.
Mine are just a one tile around the belt and nobody without business there wants to go there…

Don’t know where else to put this, so feel free to move it if you find a better place for it.

I just had to interrupt playing and put the game on pause. after one hour I came back and the computer was still on, did not went to standby mode, something that always disturbs me in other games that always go to standby when you just watch. Finally some devs who know how to prevent windows from sleeping and how to let a game run in “background” when you alt-tab to a different app (like I do now when I write this).
:+1:

1 Like

If baggage claim areas can be placed in secure zones, I’m guessing the existing security exits will divide arriving and non-arriving passengers?

Not 100%, departing passengers could still go there after security checkpoint.
Will probably depend on pathfinding. I usually like to build toilets and vending machines (currently shops/restaurants because the machines are not there yet) at the baggage claim, so departing passengers might come for that. However it should be possible to avoid by having those things at a closer location for departing passengers. Let’s just see how it works once it’s there.

Good point, but in terms of using only jetways, with passengers segregated, then it should be successfully ‘secure’ to arriving passengers only, unless I’m missing something.

Refreshing the page for the next dev blog!

You’re right, with the separation right from the jetway it would be possible to make it 100% safe, at least for all jetway stands. Good enough for me since I mostly try to avoid remote stands. :smiley:

1 Like

I would try them again, the remote stands had a good balancing by the Devs. I’d almost say I prefer them.

Any news about the devblog? Was delayed to Friday in the last update and is Saturday 21:30 (CET) and nothing. My anxiety is very high at the moment.

4 Likes

I don’t think we will see it over the weekend… Maybe Monday!

It’s up now. The dev blog is about 2000 words so it took a long time to write. Jetway design can be polished in the future, for now we’ll work with the 4x1 and might iterate on that in the future. The solution also works without jetways, passengers walking from the aircraft via the stand will have their arrival and departure point separated with the same distance as with jetways so you can easily shiled them off the same way as with jetways! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The solution also works without jetways,

:drooling_face:

But what about remote stands with apron bus access?

:thinking:

1 Like

We want a switch on the apron bus stand!

Finally the possibility to select a drop off bus stop. (And of course: several gates should be able to use the same)