Dev Blog 144: Soon releasing Alpha 34, beginning work on Alpha 35 and the Airport CEO soundtrack now available!

25 Likes

looks nice - i would love see more designs - maybe gate door linked to stand - where you have to hook the door state (Arrival: Locked) (Departure: unlocked) (no plane: Locked for pax but unlocked for staff and emergencies)

1 Like

Looks like a good alternative! I look forward to seeing how this works. Just hope arriving passengers donā€™t spawn and walk into the left hand side of the wall, into departures!

Well, that would completely defeat the purpose so, no, if you build it as I showed it will work as expected.

4 Likes

Excellent, this looks good! Is it possible to remove secure zoning instead of building a wall to direct passengers from the jetway? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yup! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes yes yes yes yes. Thank you!

2 Likes

5 Likes

Uh that hurts my OCD for symmetry :sweat_smile:
Glad itā€™s also achievable with zoning. Iā€™m very happy that you took our desires seriously and provided an acceptable solution :+1:t2:

7 Likes

It looks awesome Olof. The picture is self-explaining. So jetway will be a 2-way tunnel, arrival passengers will come from left side and departure will enter on right side of jetway. So that people can build an escalator/stairs or elevators right next to arrival passenger entrance, behind walls, and arrival passengers can continue into other floors.

2 things I want to say;

• Uh that hurts my OCD for symmetry :sweat_smile:

Yeah I am not the only one :smiley: Can jetway be 3 tiles width instead of 4? Or maybe 5? Poeple can use middle tile for walls so it looks symmetric.

• Can it be possible that which side of jetway will be for arrival and which side will be departure? My experiences tell me that with some peopleā€™s designs, especially for corner stands or extremely unique stands, people will struggle to setup flow of passengers because of directions. If we players can set which side to be used for arrival and departure passengers, that would be amazing. Just a switch to change place of spawn/despawn points and making it disabled when stand is in use would be fine :wink:

Also while I was writing this; I though something;

What happens when a player builds a walkalator into a room with 4-sided walls and with no exit?

2 Likes

The passenger wonā€™t use the walkalator as it doesnā€™t get him to his final destination

3 Likes

I was thinking about suggesting the same thing haha
But then I was thinking that with a length of 3 or 5 it wouldnā€™t be symmetrical anymore on the outside. We can only build terminal foundations as 4x4 cubes so if you donā€™t wanna make your terminal completely flat it would stick out there. Only 6 tiles long would work so you could place 2 tiles of wall in the middle. But overall Iā€™m just happy that we have a solution.

Hmm now you say it, you got a point. So 4 is optimal number.

To me 6, bc you could fit it into a 2x2 foundation piece whereas 4 looks weird in a 1x1 piece. And if you wanna put symmetrical walls in the middle there would be more space for pax on left and right side to walk through, 1 tile is quite narrow. But again, the most important thing is that we have a solution.

4x length aligns best with the existing window sizes, if youā€™re going for an all glass wall between your stand jetways.

Looks great. And avoids having to build an extra floor. Now, will we be able to choose on which side arriving PAX will spawn (and vice versa)?

BTW I see no reason why it has to be an even number

Whereā€™s the

?

That is all I need for that matter. Thanks.

1 Like

great solution - thank you for listening and working something out. Iā€™m not bothered by symetry. In fact, I think I like the removal of zoning tiles best to segregate - so much opportunities with this.

2 Likes

Thanks for the great response and trying to work with the community! Your compromise looks perfect! Canā€™t wait to try this out for myself when itā€™s released

In that picture of the segregation - are those vending machines I see? :grin:

1 Like