Dev Blog 145: Passport checkpoints and immigration, self check-in, segregating departure and arrival and more!

Thx somehow I missed that.

@4B54 @awtkn @auxiliary As I wrote before, if you want symmetry you can just have a 2 tiles wall in the middle of the jetway. Like this (I know it wouldn’t look exactly like that in the game, this is just basic paint):

Looks more symmetric, doesn’t?

2 Likes

Could you do it with two windows side by side to give the idea it was just double glazing

1 Like

Furthermore you can dismiss these walls and just de-zone secure area instead of walls, too…

Sure, it was only an example of a symmetric solution. Could be, as you said, a de-zone, windows, walls, plants, vending machines, an unicorn sculpture (they are coming in A35, right?).

I HATE double walls. This is worse to me than not being symmetric even though the non-symmetric option kills me too

2 Likes

Perhaps “no walls” is a solution…?

you have to imagine the new jetbridge… :wink:

good lord, there has to be a better solution. I have faith in the devs.

3 Likes

It would be nice to have “glass walls” which are just covering the side of a square, similar to the info screens, but the glass walls of course will block walking between the square where it’s placed on and the square to the side of the wall. If you want it 100% symmetric you could then use two of them placed against each other.
Another way would of course making the glass wall two squares wide from the start and have it placed in the middle between them. That would look nicer in this special case, but at other positions would be less flexible to use.

I’m just not sure whether path finding system will allow for this - being allowed to walk on two squares next to each other, but not the connection between them.

Edit: Make it similar to how queues look, just the windows being a bit thicker than the thin line:
grafik

7 Likes

Great idea. I second this.

And Thanks to the devs for the exceptional responsiveness to the issue raised in this thread!

Guys, imagine like this;

• Jetway entrance is 4 tiles.
  • 1 tile goes to separation by wall or glass or bush, 3 left.
  • 1 tile goes to arrival passenger spawn, 2 left.
  • Each of these 2 tiles can serve to separate boarding desks. OR BETTER: 1 tile for first/business class boarding and other tile for economy class in future.

:sunglasses:

P.S. If there are 3 or more check in desks, it works as same.

1 Like

Perhaps “no walls” is a solution…?

I can see that this can lead many more problems than being a solution :smiley: Also I don’t think there is any airport with such a layout.

Also I can’t believe nobody is talking about new Large Security Checkpoints :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

I saw it but never said anything on the forum

I was under the impression that now, passengers just head to the middle of the 2 departure tiles and despawn there?

I was under the impression that now, passengers just head to the middle of the 2 departure tiles and despawn there?

We don’t know yet. What I said was imagination of situation. You can imagine it as how I said and beat the OCD thoughts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back into the game after literally 6 months off (although still a religious reader of the forum) and my word has it levelled up. Amazing kudos to the devs for taking an incredible idea and incredible passion and channeling it to male what for the first time really feels like a cohesive game nearing being ready while still listening to the wider ACEO family. All the alpha 35 changes are things which it feels like the game needs to get there which is super exciting.

Things which weren’t mentioned and felt like would be nice to have terminal wise:

1. baggage- for the newer and lazier player/ some designs, being able to have completely loading/ unloading baggage bays would be a bonus (instead of both load and unload)
  2. prebuilt baggage carousels might look neater with the choice to build custom still
  3. a smaller bus for small remote stands!
  4. still holding out for the train :wink:
6 Likes

I consider I have a huge OCD myself, but yet I can’t understand some people in here. The devs pulled this segregating jetway entrance from their sleeves (as far as I know that wasn’t planned until all the discussion started here in the forum) and some are complaining because is either non symmetrical or, if you put a double wall/plant/window is not aesthetic.
I believe that at this stage of the game the thing that we should care the most about is functionality, and once things are functional, then we can start talking about aesthetics.

17 Likes

I agree, de-zoning to me alleviates this symmetry issue. The solution the developers have come up with also works easily with most players existing designs (based on screenshots above). 3x or 5x lengths would still affect everyones OCD in a way, for a game designed around 4x4 squares.

The developers could’ve done nothing at all!

1 Like

Must admit, i didn’t notice it until you mentioned it :blush:
(and I’m the one who actually designed it…)

5 Likes

I know I will be using staff zone instead. I prefer free movement of the staff between departures and arrivals (just imagine a janitor can’t wipe the floor 2 tiles away because it’s blocked by non-secure zone and either needs to find a staff-only zoned door to arrivals, or call another janitor to walk there from the other side).

3 Likes