Dev Blog 148: Internal testing of Alpha 35

Both I assume, they’re currently the same width (2), just doubling both (also if medium jetway stays the same as currently, you can’t separate arrivals and departures.

1 Like

We won’t get one way escalators. It’s the same issue as with one-way-doors I suppose, it would just be too easy to accidentally trap passengers when e.g. they want to use a toilet they only calculate how to get there, not how to get back - so they use the one way escalator and will never get back causing flight delays, crashes etc.

I don’t like it either, but we will have to live with that…

Well then you should plan a route back. Anyways a boy can wish

1 Like

I think one-way escalators would work if the player really knows what they’re doing. For example, with a successfully segregated arrivals/departures jetway, a one-way escalator down to arrivals would work fine. There is no reason for a passenger to want to go back up to that floor. I think that if passengers deadlock, then it’s a design flaw of yours. Work it out.

But anyway, they’re not coming. Three cheers for one-way walkalators though!

3 Likes

The potential problem of passenger AI is, in case there is a toilet or something else preferred behind a one way path, the pax goes there. Afterwards the pax does not find a way back. So there needs to be a calculation which recognizes before that this object can only be used when the pax wants to leave the current area anyway.

1 Like

In the above instance, with my latest build, I use staff-zoning over the escalator going up, with staff zoning to segregate arrivals/departures. It’s a compromise but gives some order to passenger routing whilst allowing staff to roam freely. Of course passengers can use the lift/elevator to go back up, but they’ll only be coming back down.

My only concern is if they arrive, and theres a toilet physically closer to the passenger, but it’s in departures, even with arrivals/departures segregation, are they just going to deadlock there, because they can’t reach that closer toilet? If they know they can’t get to it and return, can the same principles apply to appropriately placed one-way escalators? Or do they dismiss that toilet because it can’t be reached in the first place?

I do imagine it is very hard or nigh on impossible to code in passenger common sense. Just some alternative ideas!

3 Likes

Nice idea @awtkn! :wink:

1 Like

Well, given how hard it is IRL I agree :slight_smile:

1 Like

When the passengers leave the plane by the jetway, do they necessarily leave by the right of the jetway or can we also make them leave by the left?

When the passengers leave the plane by the jetway, do they necessarily leave by the right of the jetway or can we also make them leave by the left?

They can only leave in 1 direction which is right

1 Like

Good point. A switch would be nice. Very nice. Necessary. Very necessary.

Whats The Ratio To The Walkalators? Is It A 2:1 Ratio?

This “ready for experimental branch” has been dangling over our heads for a few days now!!!

When is @Olof going to stop teasing us and hit the “DEPLOY” key?!??! :disappointed::disappointed::grin::grin:

3 Likes

Who even knows the ways of the Devs! :wink:

2 Likes

Love the travelators and the update! Look forward to messing around with it once deployed. Quarantine means more time for games so there’s one positive.

2 Likes

Clearly he meant moving sidewalk.

Incase you haven’t realized it yet, these devices have many names, with regional popularity, and unless you are referring to a specific model, none of the names are “the right name”.

I am very sorry! I didn’t know that. Deep apologies to @auxiliary

I don’t think I’ve refreshed the forum so much waiting for Alpha 35 to drop!!!

2 Likes

I see that things are moving along nicely on Trello, but will we see A35 anytime soon, I cannot wait any longer. On a serious note keep up the good work Apoapsis Studios.

1 Like

Alpha 35 will be released on the experimental branch very soon™… :wink:

19 Likes