Dev Blog 149: Experimental testing of Alpha 35, new airlines and the studio tour!

You think you could work with/give some tools to the ACEO modding group so that their real life airlines give us realistic routes based on location? For example if I choose Athens and sign Aegean I would be offered realistic routes to mainland Greece, Europe and the Middle East but no more than that. Or London and BA, the latter giving me flights across the globe.

3 Likes

I would love that!!! editable contracts for specific airports. if only a boy could wish

1 Like

flexible routes? More contracts in the summer? Hmmmmm…

New planes = A new future or past coming to your airport.

Great (Dev)blog guys! And thanks for the long waited office tour! :heart_eyes_cat: The office looks great, much better than the open-plan offices a lot of other people (myself included now and then) have to work in :crying_cat_face:

Lucas Eliasson did a great job in the new designs! He can be proud of his work and deserves another monitor for the next job he picks up :smile_cat:

As always Steve’s planes look amazing, can’t wait to see them in flight! Looking forward to the new contract and rating system, as @EG0611 says, interested to see if there will be certain requirements and demands. I’m certain it will be something good and another new dimension in this great game! :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

Here is an Air Niugini F100. If you look towards the rear of the aircraft you’ll see another door. I am so puzzled on what it’s for…

As I read, Swissair ordered Fokker 100 with an extra door for catering. This might one of those.

Others followed.
Also the numbers of seats define the number of exits on a plane. (that’s why there are A319 with 4 emergency exits in the middle)
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=551233

1 Like

I see what you mean in this picture.

Alliance Airways looks like they didn’t…

Yes, we hopefully are getting without that additional door because there is much more operators without it, plus you can modify fuselage on mdk if you want add doors, windows, blank windows out etc
And yes, that is infact door for catering, Fokkers are very versatile: as they have their own airstairs, they can also use stairs which airport service provide :

and, use jetway.

1 Like

Here’s a picture of F100 using jetway at Zürich Airport.

2 Likes

Nice.

Any news on whether we’ll see more types of GAs or small aircrafts only (e.g. chartered flights)? I recall in the past there was a mention of wanting to look at adding smaller private jets. Now that we have business class-pax as well, I think it’s a good time to also reconsider this.

1 Like

Great work. Edward’s Bay is my new favourite airline!

1 Like

Yes to add to that , I think we need some more gameplay elements for the GA flights… Currently there is not anything to do with them besides refueling… A requirement for GA terminal services would be neat! We can have lounges , cafes , security and parking… We would have to simulate GA crew/passengers for that though

Amazing idea! :slight_smile:

If you still were confused about the doors on the Fokker jets:
Some Fokker 100s had just the simple airstairs, and some had a normal aircraft door in order to make it jetway compatible. Airlines like AA had this cause they operated F100s mostly to airports with jetways. Fokker had this as an option. Here you can see a good comparison.
unnamed (29)

3 Likes

Is Strada Regional going to get a small stand aircraft?