Dev Blog 151: Businesses and contracts

Good evening everyone!

Here’s another development blog hot of the presses…

:moneybag: :pen: :business_suit_levitating:

20 Likes

Nice devblog, I cant wait!

4 Likes

Omg, can’t wait for a36!!!

4 Likes

the contract will be cancelled if a single daily sales target is not met within five days

This a a bit ambiguous, does this mean that we can meet the sales target the first day, and not worry about the other four, or does it mean that if we fail to meet the target on once in that 5 day window that we lose the contract? Also, will this be a rolling five day period, reset at the end, or just apply after signing the contract and once the five days are up the contract is safe?

2 Likes

I think the first one for both things

2 Likes

For terms negotiation, will we be able to have an EU4 style “yes/no” slider? If you’ll add EU4 style point modifiers it will be even more fun, but that’s possibly too much from a tycoon.

2 Likes

Love the direction you are going with this. Will aircraft of higher stars demand minimum services at the airport - like catering, fuel, cleaning, baggage handling/security, dedicated gates, airline lounge, etc. Or will these be incorporated into the star rating system in some way?

3 Likes

Are they 747s? Just kidding, Beechcraft by any chance? :slight_smile:
Or more Cessna’s? Could never go wrong with too much cessna’s. :smiley:

1 Like

looks like Cessna’s to me maybe Skyhawk, Skylane & Turbo Stationair HD?

2 Likes

The new contract system sounds great. especially for the franchises. Way more realistic.
Can’t wait for it.

2 Likes

Any planned differences for sandbox players or will the same rating concept apply?

(Do I get a like by Jet?)

3 Likes

Woow, my favourite GA planes, the Cessnas C205/C206/C207, would like to see the C182 updated as well.

2 Likes

And please, all of those new small planes Moddable!

2 Likes

Now we’re talking ;). Thank you for this good news (Contract negotiations). That makes it more realistic.

2 Likes

Is it possible that if I charge excessive fees during the negotiations, the other part will break off the negotiations and/or the contract will expire and the other part will withdraw from my airport for a while? So if I poker too high, will I lose the partner for a while? @Olof & @Fredrik & @Alexander?

1 Like

As always, great dev blog. Stay safe everyone including dev’s @Olof, @Fredrik and @Alexander.

4 Likes

Great read! Excited about the new systems :heart_eyes_cat:, sounds like another big overhaul and lots of old code to be dusted or binned :wink: It’s very cool that you guys listen to the community and yes not all requests can be granted, but the majority has been implemented or at least discussed why it will not be implemented now but maybe can/will in the future. Also a big thanks to the community of course, because with your input, bug reports, ideas, etc the devs get new ideas, insights, solutions to enhance the game to what it is now! A lot of game studio’s can learn a lot from the dynamic here on the forum and the collaboration between the devs and the community!

Keep safe all!

6 Likes

Almost a year since the release of the multi-floor update which revolutionised the game. None of the later updates would have been possible without it. This is fantastic work. Can’t wait for what else you have in store for us.

4 Likes

@Olof So does this mean we will see multiple livery support again in A36?

1 Like

I previously asked about Aircraft Maintenance (greyed-out option in Stand info panel). You replied Alpha 36 would include Aircraft Maintenance. I see no mention of that in DevBlog 151. Will Aircraft Maintenance be added to Alpha 36?

1 Like