Dev Blog 151: Businesses and contracts

How will the negotiation with fuel, catering, and de-icing fluid look like? Atm they’re pretty barren and catering/de-icing star difference is just quantity of supplies delivered.

1 Like

Devs mentioned in AMA that more Cessnas are coming, so I’m betting this is the case.

2 Likes

Correct. These are they…

2 Likes

There is much more to A36 than described in Devblog 151, so I assume there is a lot more to come in the upcoming Devblogs. They are not giving away everything at once :wink:

3 Likes

Looking forward to the negotiation.

3 Likes

Aircraft hangers and repairs are featured on the trello board, so they are coming:

4 Likes

Concerning the negotiations with airline companies: what exactly will the player be able to negotiate?
It would be cool if you could negotiate whether an airline serves your airport with only domestic, international or a certain proportion of both.
Another awesome feature would be to nagotiate the proportion of offered short/medium/long range flights ranging up to 100% of a certain type.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this new update.

I hope that with Alpha36 it will be more difficult to fill the flight planner. Currently, it is no problem to fill every slot available for every day, In case your current airlines do not offer enough flights, just sign a contract with a new one and then new flights come in more or less immediatley.

So I would really appreciate a more demanding system for the aquisition of flights at least on a high difficulty level.

3 Likes

Wonderful, the micromanaging of shop contracts was really annoying.

4 Likes

@Pax2017 As I know, they develope a maximum of landing and starts for each tower size …

1 Like

It would be a great feature to be able to negotiate the relative frequency of flight offers with some airlines. It would be nice to have some airlines that only have a few flights a week serving your airport (particularly if it’s the same route), while others are more frequent. It gives some variety.

Another feature I’d like to see is certain airlines requesting to have exclusive use of a gate (or gates) if they offer a certain amount of flights.

Either way, the info in the Dev Blog is tantalizing & it looks like it’ll add plenty of fun to the game.

6 Likes

What about competing airports? Is there competition in the future?

1 Like

Minor Q here, but with the negotiations, will we also see the removal or soft expansion of flight caps from airlines? Having 50 flights max per airlines seems very small to be honest, and if you run a lot of small stands it can get used up very quickly.

5 Likes

I don’t see any mention of master contracts, i.e. one or two airlines using the airport as their hub. Now, this would impact on the flight planner since you’ll have aircraft leaving and returning depending on destination. And alot more data. A trip from ATH to LHR is 3.5 hours. If you include 1.5 hrs turnaround and the return trip, a plane leaving at 9 am would be expected to return by 6 pm. Also stayovers which would mean some stands set aside for aircraft spending the night.

What are your thoughts on this?

2 Likes

There is a lot of potential for hub airlines. May they want to park their planes or have their own hangars.
But I guess that’s not what we will see before are final version. This sounds like a DLC. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that when you mouse over airline rating, the tooltip says that if you have a high rating then the airline will make your airport their hub. So this is likely planned for the future.

1 Like

I know. I’m just wondering how this will be implemented in terms of scheduling in the flight planner

2 Likes

No, this is not something we have planned.

The contract changes does not entail of any of these two areas, since it’s still under development (especially the airline part of it) we do not have any immediate comments on those features “be or not to be”.

5 Likes

Hey [Dev’s]

i saw on trello that you plan a maximum number of landings/takeoffs for tower and runway - but now that’s gone - what happened to that? That was an excellent idea, maybe you can build on it - that you also hire the tower people and the better they are, the more planes can be with us?

Edit: pls refrain from tagging devs, thank you

2 Likes

it’s already implemented. 25 flights per day small tower, 75 flights per day medium tower, and 200 flights per day large tower

3 Likes