Dev Blog 156: The Emergency Update released and a new development paradigm

Good evening everyone!

Here’s this week’s development blog, accompanied as promised by an experimental release of the first beta version and a start to the first beta sprint!

As you’ll read in this dev blog, this is probably the last regularly scheduled dev blog we’ll publish in awhile. Why? You can read about it in the dev blog! We’ll probably be back with more dev blogs, just not on a rolling schedule - just a heads up!

11 Likes

Schedule? What schedule? We all know you devs post when you feel like it, even before all this lol

8 Likes

Sweet!

3 Likes

Congratulations guys. I can’t believe it has been 3 years. I still remember first public AirportCEO Alpha 19 like yesterday :slight_smile:

5 Likes

CONGRATULATIONS!
Another major milestone, check!

anyone remember when they played aceo for the first time?

3 Likes

BETA!! :champagne:

And here is the proof :heart_eyes_cat:

Screenshot 2020-09-10 at 08.42.24

Congrats! Next step towards a full release, your first full release of the studio and hopefully much more to come! I’ve not been along as long as @EG0611 or many others, but have seen the birth of all the 7 major updates and boy have you guys delivered! I’m really excited for the Beta phase and can’t wait to see how you guys will start polishing the ‘rough diamond’ (as you call it in the DevBlog) and how much better and more fun it can become to play! Keep up the good work and fly/stay safe!

@B738Flyer Jan '18, this game made me download Steam for the first time to be able to start playing this great game :smile_cat:

@Rubble Great work on the new plane :heart_eyes_cat: (and all the other that came out of your workshop already!!)

6 Likes

Amazing milestone, keep it up!

3 Likes

Congrats guys, this is a mayor milestone!

3 Likes

Goodbye semi-regular Dev Blogs! Thank you devs for writing a whopping number of 156 informative blogs that were almost always on time. And congrats for making it into the Beta phase safe and sound!

4 Likes

Thank you all, literally could not have made it this far without you! Congratulate yourselves just as much as us for contributing to this amazing community! :heart:

Yeah it’s pretty crazy lol, once all is said and done I’m gonna complie it into a book and put it on the coffee table of the office.

10 Likes

Do that and then do a giveaway for some copies of it.

6 Likes

Totally would love a curated book of ACEO :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Giveaway? I’ve spent >750 hours of lmy life in this game. I’d pay for a signed copy to commerate version 1.0

3 Likes
Summary

Keep it up :smiley:

4 Likes