Dev Blog 157: Airport CEO celebrates three years in Early Access!

same, I was oct 2017

1 Like

Yes, we get the point, you want a Tu-154

Are you suggesting a commission system for aircraft?

I do not think it is a good idea as it moves the focus from creating a great game to money.

You likely won’t be getting a Tu-154 soon for reasons I listed a while ago, only a few are still in regular service, and for more modern aircraft it points to a specific country

what do I mean?

(only* Russians use Russian aircraft, and only the Chinese use Chinese aircraft)

*not only, but still a very limited set of countries

which is not something that is being done yet (airlines in game are generic, and do not bear an explicit nationality)

Until either a system for community made aircraft is implemented, or you get a DLC with a different aircraft set.

3 Likes

Currently we only know which aircrafts will be part of the final release. After that anything could come.

2 Likes

I can see that you are deluded. About the Tu-154, these are your guesses based on my previous posts. There is Il-96, there is SSJ 100, there is Yak-40 and Yak-42, Il-62, An-24, An-148. All these aircraft are in service. It doesn’t matter how much. We are not measured here by size or quantity.

Nothing shifts the emphasis anywhere, no need to write nonsense. In the game, you decide for yourself which airlines, with which planes arrive at your airport. Just another model of an airplane does not change anything in the game, but only adds variability.

1 Like

would you like a DC-3 in game or would it feel out of place?

1 Like

We already got Fokker70, 100, MD11 and MD80. Then why not a Tu. There are also many operators outside Russia.

Still, I would wait until whe know the plans after the final release.

2 Likes

Yes, I am for “all sisters on the earrings.” I am in favor of all kinds of aircraft in the game. There is no problem in having them. And which ones will arrive at my airport, I myself will choose by concluding a contract with the relevant airline. Will DC-3, great! At least this is an airplane controlled by pilots, not a computer with buttons controlled by computer operators.

1 Like

60 years in the ranks

This DC-6 is over 60 years old and still toilsome transporting cargo across the cold, harsh expanses of Alaska.

The American airline Everts Air is the last in the world to use this piston-driven aircraft on scheduled flights. She has 11 cargo DC-6s in total.

Even now, the DC-6 is a good transport aircraft that takes off and lands on unprepared gravel strips, which are abundant in Alaska.

Everts Air plans to use these aircraft beyond 2020.

1 Like

Nothing against the Tu as an aircraft, great work. But it (and many others, exception partially given to SSJ100) does not fit the current aircraft palette and will look out of place and destroy the realistic feel of the game.

Yes, you want a Russian themed airport, but many of us don’t.

About that DC-6… so… how many DC-6 land at your local airport per week?
likely 0, the aircraft is not relatable to you.

1 Like

Can you read? I suggest that if you do not want Russian planes to arrive at your airport, do not include the airlines with them in your list.

And do not speak for everyone, and do not decide what is appropriate and what is not. Don’t decide for me what suits me and what doesn’t.

What is not realistic? The DC-6 is in service, as are the aircraft I wrote about. What does it matter which planes fly at the airport in my city?

3 Likes

DC-3, DC-6, TU-154 … the higher the variety, the better. I’d love to see the Concorde ingame.

Maybe there will be a “story-mode” with an expansion. Start in the eraly 1900s, with WWI and WWII related states of emergencies. Maybe large planes may not be unlocked until the early 1960s … and so on…

2 Likes

It will all make sense for developers if the game performs well in terms of sales. The potential of the game is great, but whether the developers will want to finish it further is a big question. And the main moment for the game is the release, when the interest in the game will be maximum. And in the case of average sales of the game, the developers will simply switch to another project and that’s it.

1 Like

These are all the current TU-154 operators, leave out government and military, we are not left with a huge number. I expect it to be a very similar situation with Yaks, TU-134, IL-96 and so on. Yes, even the DC-3 for that instance. Even if all of these planes are really interesting and were engineering masterpieces for their time, I really do not think they should be in the regular game. Some optional very cheap DLC? Yes totally, I would very much welcome that. It would just look too out of place to have them stacked at gates in the regular game. DC-3 in regular service next to an A220, does not fly with me (pun intended). I do agree that there is a certain bias against Russian designs, but with these very old planes it is not the case. Rather than adding new (old) planes, I think we should focus on updating the old sprites for the A320s, 737s, CRJs and such. Of course there are some Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese or Japanese planes which would very much make sense like the SSJ100, MC-21 (when it gets into service) AN-148, SpaceJet or Comac (when it gets into service). I am pretty sure that whatever planes come next, they would be very well selected. I personally think that a “historical planes” DLC is so easy to make, that it would be impossible for it to never come.

7 Likes

An A380 flew to us, 747 flies regularly, but at the same time the Yak-40 and AN-24 flies regularly, one of which made its first flight in 1959.

1 Like

Kinda gone off topic here. Closing for now.

Now that we’ve had a bit of quiet I want to say the following things:

1. Please always remember to keep it civil and respect each other, heated discussions are usually not very productive and its easier to get your point across if you do it with a friendly tone.

2. Although other types of aircraft are not planned for ACEO 1.0 and that aircraft list is set, it is very likely that other types of aircraft will appear in the relative near future of ACEO post full release, including aircraft made by manufacturers other than the usual ones already represented in the game. We will however not comment on this any further.

We’ll open this topic again now with the hopes of a continued civil discussion from this point on! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Any cake this year? Though we know the cake is a lie :wink:

4 Likes

Wasn’t ACEOMG planning on painting a 777? I heard something like that.

I guess you can have an ACEO 777 and another one styled like the banner, and say it’s a charter airline.

This is the banner I was referencing

( @dawed, @twocflyer)

2 Likes

so long as it is in green and white - Buffalo Airways colours - they still fly one in regular passenger service (at least they did before the pandemic) - between Yellowknife and Hay River in the Northwest Territories of Canada.

1 Like