DevLog 113: The Summer Vacation Edition

Hey peeps!

As you’ve discovered we’re pretty low-key here right now which is due to us taking a short summer break (as mentioned in the previous devlog). However, we really wanted to update you on what’s going on with the summer mode development so we decided to not skip tonights devlog and instead write up a very short update. Check it out! :slight_smile: :airplane:

https://www.airportceo.com/devlog-113-the-summer-vacation-edition/

We’ll continue to lurk around here and make sure nothing starts to crash and burn but do expect a bit longer reply times than normal.

10 Likes

Assign Vehicles to Stands :star_struck:

2 Likes

Yes very much hoping you miss the midges too. They have killed me this year. Ug. Those yellow arrows should keep them highly interested though.

Great update.

2 Likes

eyyy, Thats pretty sick mate. Tho now like 1 hours work is gone by this update but that another 1 hour to make everything better is prob worth it

Nice update!
@Olof are the aircraft crossing the runway in a straight line or do they make a weird turn? Because of the 2 dots.

Great update. I am will be excited to get back into ACEO after the next update. My summer turned crazy and haven’t had as much time as I’d like playing the game and modding!

Awesome updates! Only one consideration on the remote stands, it seems they need a tug, would be implemented remote stands which the airplane can go forward as well?

Pic for example

3 Likes

Beautiful Devlog. Short but imformative. Although I have a few things to say:

1. I think 1 of 4 ramp agents should work in airplane baggage hal in order to load baggages to baggage belt truck. So other 3 should work on loading bags from belt truck to baggage cart. (in game 4th one could just stand under the airplane and not be seen)
  2. Walkways on remote stand look unrealistic and I haven’t seen a IRL example. Is it possible to remove them?
  3. So runway high speed exits and highway entrances are one way? And arrows will stay there forveer or they are displayed when taxiways paths are displayed?
5 Likes

I’m so excited :slight_smile: :heart_eyes:
One question from my side.
Did we need for every remote stand a single bus gate/ boarding desk or is it possbile to link 2 or more remote stands to one bus boarding desk?

I have seen the walkway in remote stands. It is becoming more common as the tape used to funnel passengers isn’t great. Also it will be useful for players who are as versed in airport operation know what they are doing.

Maybe traffic cones with safety tape can be used for that purpose?

2 Likes

But that needs animation and ramp agents to put them out. Yes in the real world but maybe later in development but this is a game. I would rather have the feature than split hairs tho

Great update guys! And I hope you’re enjoying the beautiful Swedish summer to the max!

I think 1 of 4 ramp agents should work in airplane baggage hal in order to load baggages to baggage belt truck. So other 3 should work on loading bags from belt truck to baggage cart. (in game 4th one could just stand under the airplane and not be seen)

Would be nice to have the option to also determine how many ramp agents you want to have per stand, like you can for the bagage hal. Or even better determine that per plane class to have an efficient amount of agents per plane size.

So runway high speed exits and highway entrances are one way? And arrows will stay there forveer or they are displayed when taxiways paths are displayed?

Hopefully not only the runway exits and entrances are one way, but now also get one way taxiways/roads…?! :heart_eyes:

Very excited to add the remote stands to the airport, kept some space open :blush:

2 Likes

@Olof @Fredrik Great update guys! Thanks a lot. I really like the high-speed exits and entrances.

Now that you have shown that “round edges” are possible :wink: , could you also add them as separate building blocks that could be added for normal taxiways (1x1 pixel/block) that can manually be added to taxiways. I really love this game but it bothers me a lot that everything is in 90° angles :stuck_out_tongue:.

2 Likes

a bit off topic but still, Miniatuur wunderland!!! been there very awsome to see the airport in real live followed the build on youtube every month haha.

2 Likes

I know that those designs are not final, but I still have to say that the angled runway exit seems too narrow compared to the 5 tile taxiway.

1 Like

Let’s hope this is an example picture and we can just lay out the entrance and exit as we want, so 1 wide, 3 wide, 5 wide, etc, like a normal road/taxi way instead of pre crafted pieces.

5 Likes

When is the next devlog planned?

1 Like

Fredrik or Olof said they skipped last weeks devblog because there wasn’t much to write about, so probably next week there will be a new one. Fredrik also said that they would resume development this week

5 Likes

I agree with @KingBirdy :slight_smile:

7 Likes