DevLog 57: A* Improvements, Construction Improvements & Environment Improvements

Good evening everyone!

Here’s this weeks for commenting on what we’ve been up to. No video as of yet but at least a bunch of .gifs!

http://airportceo.com/devlog-57-pathfinding-construction-environment/

See you during the week!

9 Likes

Is that a hint??

2 Likes

Hey Devs , that’s amazing. I like it very much and you did a really great job. … again :smile:

SO EXCITED!! DURING THE WEEK, I bet it’s a hint for sure! :smiley:

1 Like

manage your expectations… he might just as well be refering to the msg board.

Cool.:sunglasses: Waiting for the video.:wink:

I can’t wait!

Haha, sorry peeps, it is not a hint. “See you during the week” simply means hanging out on the forum as always! :wink:

4 Likes

Dammit​:grinning::grinning: still hoping though

Awww, Haha. Its fine, just thought it may have been a hint

At the end of the devblog;

“That’s it for this week. And as you know, we’ve got more brewing… be on the lookout! Might drop down at any time. This week or the next. You know what we mean. Fly safe!”

?:relaxed:

Lol. Looking forward to this game.

1 Like

Is it too expensive to expand the plugin so it releases emails to more people. I think its pretty important in terms of keeping it in peoples minds, infact I forgot for 2 weeks because of no email :slight_smile:
Im just thinking that between the 1000-2000 of us that are regular readers I’m sure it wouldn’t cost too much for us if we split it :stuck_out_tongue: to help push the game.

Hate to be a pain, bud, but the fact is that these guys are working on essentially no revenue at this point. I’m actually grateful that they’re active in these forums and have a website because, truthfully, they have no reason to do it other than actually engaging with us (the fans). I couldn’t, in good conscience, ask them to put more of their own money into a project that isn’t producing money yet, when they’ve already done so much for us. Take my comments for what they are: food for thought.

5 Likes

I think the new players aren’t getting emails… I am getting.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But yes no Newsletters… only forum reminders.

(But the fact is I never read those Newsletters :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:( Sorry Devs))

I didn’t ask them to put more of their own money into the project, I said "I’m sure it wouldn’t cost too much for us if we split it’

I mean we have a whip round ourselves, I’m perfectly aware of the benefits and professionalism of managing to be active on these forums as well as make the game its great, I’m just saying its probably a good idea that the newsletters go out for those who don’t pay as much attention on the forum as others.

You say that, but actively engaging with the community can go a long way in terms of long term profitability and future interests. Building rapport with customers will help the product spread and generate more revenue for them so, they do have a financial incentive to invest.

Although, I can’t say I particularly would read them anyway because everything I need to look at is on the forums and I’ve bookmarked that under my procrastination tab so you know… I’m here pretty regularly ;p

I know that there’s been suggestion of crowdfunding from the devs for some time, which will probably come after the new gameplay videos if the timeline is still accurate. So I’m sure we’ll all have the opportunity to support the devs in this way.

That’s what I understand too :slight_smile: . It’s of course impossible to tell as just a fan, but it does feel like the game is getting to the stage where it could really benefit from some funding and maybe some extra hands to deal with sound and art, particularly with the other similar game (we do not speak it’s name :smiling_imp:) going through greenlight too. You guys are getting so close to s decent alpha and even closer to a pre-alpha, and I don’t know what everyone else feels but for me would be right time to get some restricted first round pre alpha funding and then in a few months full on early access :slight_smile:

1 Like

^ Generally agree. I really don’t mean to push the devs (and, as you’ve said, we’ve only had glimpses into the game so far), but some progress would be helpful in terms of generating wider interest. If the Q1 date is still accurate, then pushing forward with a funding campaign once the videos are released would be a logical step.

In the words of Philip J Fry:

3 Likes