DevLog 63: Baggage Handling, Design Contest Finish & Literally Easter Eggs

Hey guys, I think we’ve heard enough about Steam for now :slight_smile:
This is not a support forum and i think this discussion should be enough to let the devs know the sentiment in the community. If you particularly agree with a statement, show it with likes :slight_smile:
Let’s talk further about the devlog :smiley:

11 Likes

If there are no jobs to be fetched they go back to the vehicle depot, they’re not completely stupid so if they for example are finished with an unloading procedure and there are bags to be loaded on the same baggage bay the go around and get that job. The job task system is generically built for all service vehicles and the rule is that if there are no jobs to be fetched then they will drive back to the vehicle depot. If there is no depot built then they will roam around the airport.

Correct! At least for now our ambition is to release via steam, the game will be continuously updated and fixed and for this reason we need a reliable and viable solution for distributing seamless updates.

One baggage bay can contain multiple flight jobs, so for example both OK123 and OK125 can have Baggage Bay 1 as their departure and arrival baggage bay. When bags are checked in they are made aware of their destination and thus they try to reach this destination via the conveyor belt. It’s up to the player to make sure that the conveyor belt system is logically built, and in excess of using normal belt you can also build tilt trays which will divert bags depending on the tilt tray setting. Tilt trays can either be set to offload bags (switch direction) based on flight, meaning that if a bag has a path that goes through the tilt tray then that bag will be diverted, of by capacity meaning that the tilt tray will divert every other bag that crosses the tray.

When the bags arrive to the baggage bay, the ramp agents load the bags that are requested by the parked baggage truck, for example a truck loading departing bags for OK123. An other truck, perhaps for OK125, will wait until the loading ramp is no longer occupied and then the ramp agents will load those bags. We will build a UI panel so that the player can see what bags are currently being loaded and which flights that are schedule for loading or offloading on that bay. The scheduling is done automatically depending on how many flights are scheduled to one baggage bay.

10 Likes

I totally love this part! Smart baggage you got there :wink:

6 Likes

Yes and no. My computer is not bad but is not great. That’s why an independent version would be lovely for people would computers like this.:slight_smile: