DevLog 67: A Deeper Look into Airlines and Franchises

That would be great in a much later release if contracts could be negotiated. They might try and get the store for $2 per square metre and you want $20 and but they will only go as high as $8 so you go with their competitor who after a few hours of gameplay make an improved offer of $10. This would add a lot of replay value as it would stop players just clicking on what appeared to be the highest offer and make the CEO work for their income!

2 Likes

No, it has to be 149m2 or larger, they will not accept 91m2, hence the red mark.

I think you are right. Simple black marks/ticks would make it more suitable, so black visible tick if fulfilled and hidden if not or maybe greyed out.

5 Likes

Will there be optional items to be fulfilled? Or only the mandatory ones?

I suggest adding “KPI contract”, say:

• maintain an overall satisfaction of customer above *** during a period
  • boost average revenue per passenger to $ ***
  • achieve *** no of passengers departing and arriving within a period
  • security clearance rate…
  • quality of food and service provided…
    etc…

Please take a quick look for “The 2017 World Airport Awards : Methodology”
http://www.worldairportawards.com/Awards/awards_methodology.html

The reward of contract could be exponentially larger as long as the KPI is maintained…

I leave the remaining for your discussion.

Or just an X if the requirements are not fullfilled (hidden could lead to confusion)

3 Likes

Maybe an empty checkbox and a ticked checkbox with a nice neat black check when completed, rather than a big scrawly green tick?

3 Likes

I’d say it will suffice for now what they have :slight_smile: They can pretty it up later :smiley:

1 Like

I love the franchise idea, can you show them on the next video please?

I’d say it suffices too, except that the red-green thing is actually a usability issue for us colorblind people. (That said, these particular shades of red/green are fine for me, but not necessarily everyone)

Since red-green is pretty universal for go/no go, for UI elements having the red and green elements be different in shape where possible allows different cues for people who have trouble with the colors while.maintaining the obvious design language.

For cash flow, using black/red rather than green/red would both help colorblind accessibility and matches the idioms in English (“in the black”/“in the red”)

Obviously, being an airport, there’s a lot of airside things that must be red/green for realism, I’m not suggesting changing those.

Hello! I am really happy that ACEO has a new DevLog again.I really like the franchises that you added into the game,I hope this game is released soon!
I am really excited and I hope there is a brand for franchise contest, The people have a chance to create their own brand/franchise for the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, that is a good point. Did not really think about it.

3 Likes

Lots of games in the past have implemented a colour-blind mode where a different palate is used. That could be a simple but effective option here - as someone who is not colour blind I think the red and green look great, but alternatives could be offered for those with colour blindness.

For the ticks on the contract, a really simple way would be to change the red tick for a red cross, as such you have the benefit of colours without being reliant on them for the game.

I really like the use of red and green on the balance sheet, and it would be a shame to lose it, so this is where a colour blind mode could come in handy.

4 Likes

Great ideas @me123!

I thought both were green myself. One bright green and one darkish green.

You might be colour blind - worth getting tested.

1 Like

If this is not a joke, you should really see a doctor.

I’m colour blind, known since kindergarten.

2 Likes

Oh okay! :confused: I really can’t imagine how it is to be color blind… Do you have full colorblindness or only the red and green variant?

Red Green. I see colours but I just see different shades of colours than a normal person would.

I am curious about the Minimum System Requirement for this Amazing Game?