DevLog 76: Steam Direct Update, New Connections and Business Design Contest Winners

Olof never technically denied @Thorozar 's comment about the last devlog before release…

So…:smile:

Perhaps they’ll pull an Oprah Winfrey and say “And you get a free copy of Airport CEO” “Everybody Gets a free copy!”

1 Like

Perhaps they’ll pull an Oprah Winfrey and say “And you get a free copy of Airport CEO” “Everybody Gets a free copy!”

Nah, I expect it on the next week’s Devlog. Before Steam Direct resolves they cannot release any copy of the game via Steam.

I assume you know that was supposed to be a joke.

Not really expecting a release for a few weeks. Better take as much time for testing as possible.

I disagree. When Steam allows them, they can release the game as soon as they want. they said there is already a stable version and work-in-progress versions.

At least this stable version can be placed on Steam.

They submitted to Steam Direct on June 29th, so the wait process will be done later this week. I’d say the earliest we get a public release will be after next week’s devlog.

The devs stated that they had started testing long before the steam direct holding period started and they have had these last 30 days to continue! They have stated that they have play tested stable versions through the steam pipe client so hopefully a release as soon as the 30 days expire.

I never said that they wouldn’t release a version the first chance they can. I just said I hope they will continue to test as much as possible and offer the best performance/bug stability that this game can handle before they release it. Better to be more prepared than not. I’d rather wait a tad longer for a more stable release than be able to play it sooner with a chance of bugs.

Lets try not to speculate too much! (I know - it’s so hard not to!:smiley: )
Olof and Fredrik will release it when the time is right (aka when Steam allows them to).
As @charles said, the earliest we will get it is next week, so expect a couple of weeks before we can play.:sob:
Its so excruciating waiting like this though!:weary:

1 Like

Actually Saturday i think it the soonest it can release. I tend to think they might release then, as in several tweets they have said they intend to release as soon as possible. Part of me thinks it may be another week or 2 though.

They just need a stable build with the elements we saw in video 3 plus all the fixes and adds since then to drop for sale, then have an experimental branch for daily or semi-weekly updates with maybe bi-weekly main build updates.

Just a couple more hours…devlog 77! Edit: DevLog 77 is not up yet. Must wait :triumph:

Just to add on to what others have said; in the US check-in counters (also called ticket counters) are setup per airline and not per specific flight. Even more detailed, there’s different check-in/ticket counters and/or queues for passengers with status with the airline or are flying in a premium cabin.

Gate/boarding desks are typically only one per flight, however there may be multiple jet bridges to board with. The bottleneck on getting people onboard the plane isn’t getting their tickets scanned but the time it takes people to put their bags in the overhead and get into their seat. Doesn’t matter if you’re the 5th person onboard or the 50th, you’re going to have to wait on the people in front of you to take their seat. The problem gets worse the further back you go.

2 Likes

I’m starting to wonder if it’ll come today. It’s almost 3 am in Sweden right now (according to my very quick google search)…

I memorized sweden time a few months ago so I can see how late the devs stay up before posting the devlog and sleeping!

3 Likes

Why sleep when I can be awake and code?

It’s coming soon, just need to input some more stuff in the changelog. And just to let you know early on, there’s good news but no major update.

4 Likes

First of all I need to say that I don’t understand how you both manage to amaze me more and more with your dedication as the weeks go by.

Looking forward to reading DL77!

1 Like

Haha, it’s because we have all of you here to keep us company! :heart:

4 Likes

https://www.airportceo.com/devlog-77-steam-direct-update-cleanliness-new-subreddit-mods/

You need to tell people that the Dev Log comes on Tuesday morning as opposed to Monday night because not only is it true you’ll stop some of the pining for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey guy,

I know this topic is quite old, but i would like to comment I’m on holidays and I passed by Charles de Gaule (Paris), Heatrow (London) and Guarulhos (Brazil), all are enormous airports and all check in desks of each airlines accept luggage and check in for any flight it would departure until 3 hours.

Also companies don’t share check in desks, each company has its check in desk assembly exclusively. It would be great if we can assembly check in desks and gates exclusively for an airline.

PS: I know some users wrote about this point I putted in the last paragraph, but I just enjoyed the oportunity to express my opinion in this topic :slight_smile:

1 Like