DevLog 77: Steam Direct Update, Cleanliness and New Subreddit Mods

It is probability in relation to greenlight campaign which was withdrawn as greenlight was closed.

Really good idea and probably not too hard to implement either :slight_smile:

1 Like

What you’ve said is exactly what’s planned? Did you actually read it or just look at the beautiful pictures? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is correct! :slight_smile:

Yes, exactly, the all brown filth tiles will be adjusted prior to release as written in the devlog.

Check out this tweet:

https://twitter.com/AirportCEO/status/889958237130371072

Did some small adjustments that would return a filth tile based on what type of item the passenger was interacting with, so washing items generate puddles, floors and seatings get dust, relief items generate body fluids and I also prepared for oil slicks and snow for future implementations. Also implemented brooms for the cleaners and a small water cleaning effect.

9 Likes

Looks great @Olof, already a noticeable improvement from the devlog. Did you guys consider renaming the cleaners to janitors and the repairmen to technicians? More descriptive and less confusing imo.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, naming stuff (especially methods and variables) can be unexpectedly complicated sometimes… :stuck_out_tongue: … the cleaners were originally called janitors but they were first intended to perform repairs and clean, but a janitor who knows how to repair a broken baggage scanner is not that realistic so “Technichian” is a good name for that second category. Then we also have mechanics for the aircraft and when vehicles will be able to break down, but that’s for later, I think. Maybe not. We’ll see.

2 Likes

Perhaps mechanics for planes and technicians or maintenance staff or something for all other general repairs.

AMT then perhaps?

2 Likes

Yea go with the real life name, i wasnt sure what they are called, just that they are vital.

1 Like

Nice pic :wink:

5 Likes

So maybe call them plumbers in game lol.

3 Likes

Gotta call them builders cause if that ain’t a builders’ bum!

1 Like

Will there be filth and such on outside tiles as well?

• Gardeners to keep the grass neat.
  • Snow buildup needing snow plows on runways / taxiways
  • Debris / FOD on the runways / taxiways needing inspection vehicles
4 Likes

Yes please!
And events like cancelled flights due to snow build up if player does not have (or does not have enough) snow ploughs

1 Like

@Fredrik @Olof hey I was wondering if you have submitted the final build to Steam yet. In the devlog you mentioned that should be happening soon, and previously it sounded like that should occur shortly before the 30 day period expired. Also how did testing go with a few of the user airport designs? Got a few screenshots to share?

1 Like

What GSE equipment is implemented and planned for the future?

Will the release date be announced prior to release like days or weeks or will it be just be released ? Wanted to ask this since I asked about trailer last time… :blush:

I think it’ll be announced in the next week or so. Saturday will be 30 days from Steam submission, so I don’t think it’ll be longer after then.

My money’s on Wednesday. Because I start a row of night shifts on Wednesday, and that’s just my luck.

My guess is that we will hear more on tuesday morning :wink: