DevLog 81: Testing, testing and postponing

Ah, I see, so the practice diverges from what I read. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

@Fredrik Just to clarify:

You got a lot of feedback concerning the postponement of ACEO. Some people wrote that they do understand your decision. On the other hand people wrote they’re disappointed about your decision.

Some users asked (including myself) whether it is possible to release an early build of ACEO. I just want to ask if you have thought about this solution. If you did what is your position? Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This i the information from Steam:
https://partner.steamgames.com/doc/store/review_process

We have thought about it, but we have no platform to release on and will not spend time on setting one up, we rather spend that time on expediting the Steam release.

5 Likes

I was reading here

https://partner.steamgames.com/steamdirect

But the link you provided me was more informative. I mistook “reviewing” with “testing”.

So are you guys still contemplating on a pipeline for bug reporting?

No meaning to be offensive, but do you have a rough estimate like a 3 week estimate for ACEO’s Release? (Sorry if this is rude)

One question to the devs, What type of bugs are in the game to delay it?
Thanks.

perhaps you could get your testers to send in a few screens of airports in process. Think keeping up a visual output without distracting from your own coding would be a good thing! Hope you can fill us in a bit more with the plan next devlog too. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It sounds more like a family gathering “Oh look here’s my game” kinda thing that happened once than a proper testing team, but maybe some screenshots of what they built could be interesting

8 Likes

Being in London now, I would just like to say that I support Fredrik and Olof in any decision they make, as ultimately they know best.

It’s annoying, but oh well. It happens.

2 Likes

I am frustrated. No more interest the game. Negative rating at STEAM.

1 Like

I am frustrated. No more interest the game. Negative rating at STEAM.

Good for you, and meanwhile I will continue to wait its release. Because I am 100% sure that it will worth to wait.

10 Likes

Surely it should be “NEGATIVE rating at Steam”? Because you want to emphasise that it’s negative, not that it’s on steam. The only place to rate it publicly would be Steam so to emphasise that is bit of a REDUNDANT MISNOMER…!

Either way, enjoy waiting for the game to come out just so you can write a negative review without buying it :wink:

P.S/Edit And i’m ignoring the fact it should be “on” as opposed to “at”.

1 Like

I hoped the devs would give a positive sign of life. It’s awfully quiet haha!

I don’t think there’s a whole lot for them to say if they’re just in hardcore bug squashing mode :wink:

1 Like

i realize now, that this delay may be a good thing after all. It removes these kind of people from the community. Impaitent, simple-minded, and unhelpful

6 Likes

Hey man, no need for that. more people engaging and playing the game means more resources for the devs–> better game. Even if some people are impatient, doesn’t mean we need to resort to basic insults :slight_smile: @Avaton2003 we all feel your pain and can’t wait too, but surely it’s better they don’ release something they know isn’t good enough when it won’t take them too long to fix and that’s a sign of devs who aren’t just out there to get your money?

On the devs being quiet, they replied to a tweet earlier this week saying “The lack of communication means we are working hard. Many bugs squash so things are looking a lot better!” So sounding positive!

Technically there is metacritic… :slight_smile:

Still gotta wait until release though? I can’t see a button to review it…

Edit - image

We all want the game to be out ASAP, but we aren’t losing interest because it is delayed :slight_smile:

How can an unreleased game be rated/reviewed? Negative press/word of mouth? Maybe?

Find it odd that people are already trying to rate the game. It sucks it got held back, but there are AAA game companies that have pushed back games to deliver a good product, while others rush out a product that was wayyyy over hyped and ruined the game with crappy/No bug testing.

I believe this game will be good, but trying not to over hype it in my mind. It does help that the devs want a playable product delivered instead of just releasing something to appease the people that will most likely not wait to see the game improve and hence rate it negatively/low.

3 Likes