DevLog 82: Bug Fixing and Performance Testing

I don’t get why people thinks it’s gonna take another month. All the critical bugs are solved in a week. And now they work on high priority bugs. So maybe another week. Then they should be confident enough to announce a release date. In my opinion they are doing a great job in killing the bugs.

8 Likes

You don’t know how many bugs are left unsolved though, take a look at Star Citizen for an idea of how messy game development can be and how many new bugs just appear. Admittedly it’s far more complex a game, but the same issues apply.

Yesterday i discovered this game and now i am so hyped about it! Keep up the good work. I like the devblogs. I will read all of them.

Welcome to the forums @admigo!

Good luck reading all 82 DevLogs! :grin:

2 Likes

the problem is they expanded it to late to family and friends should have been done months before a release. and where do you read they have expanded that group of family and friends ? but no matter what. the game need test time a couple of months.

The found critical bugs yes, the problem is with what 3-4 testers you will only find top of the iceberg… with a serious test group you will find most of the mountain. But that group need months not a couple of weeks.

Which is where early access comes in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not at all, EA is not to find the serious bugs a serious test would have found.
If releasing a game as EA with most bug not founds they will be slaughtered on steam.

So according to you all early access games should be tested by 10 testers for a few months and be bugfree?

Show me 1 early access game that does that :slight_smile:

I understand your concerns but none of us know how many testers they have or how capable they are.

2 Likes

It is hard to believe I have first found this game at DevLog 19 (I think) and have been a very active follower since about 50. The time has flown! And soon I will finally get to play :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

looking really positive! I know people will get frustrated, and I think it’s really important to now hit the September deadline, (as much for you guys as us-makes you accept it won’t be perfect!), but use that as a positive thing. I notice on the screens they’ve been testing (at least partly) without a baggage system or shops- which is sensible, but this week might throw up more bugs they need to squash on that. but guessing they will have a cutoff in mind of when they think it’s ok. Everyone will disagree with where that should be, so fair enough not sharing exactly what that is. Think what this has all demonstrated is Hype is a double edged sword. Maybe when this is all done, you can do a blog post of advice to future game devs on their first release (basically a letter to yourselves a year ago!) :slight_smile:

6 Likes

You can’t compare these two games. Star Citizen is far more technological advanced. And the amount of people making it is like 200 times the size of this team.

I just ment to say that they are doing all they can to tackle the big bugs. Of course they started testing late.
And its really sad they had to delay but it’s not the end of the world if we have to wait a little longer for a videogame.
Just keep supporting them and we will be allright.

3 Likes

Thats not true, Squad has 7-8 QA volunteers, and its a much bigger game atm then AirportCeo with networking that needs to be taken as big factor. 3-4 QA volunteers is more then enough for this game.

How many times did they mention “we solved critical bugs”? Either there was a loss of memory among us or people tend to believe a positive outcome, you have no idea how many bugs the are going to tackle. I have no ideas why given the quantum of bugs found so far, they still refused to recruit forum member for testing.

I do not intend to be mean, but we ultimately should face the reality. False positive signal of the devs and forum are meaningless.

After all, they listen nothing. We are nothing to them.

1 Like

I’m not sure where you get that idea :slight_smile:

I understand you are getting a bit frustrated perhaps, but:

you have no idea how many bugs the are going to tackle

Very true. But they said they expanded the test group with more people, so that means the most critical bugs will be found in a reasonable time frame. Should they have started sooner? Sure, and they admitted that.

I have no ideas why given the quantum of bugs found so far, they still refused to recruit forum member for testing

You have no idea who is testing, so i wonder how you know this? :stuck_out_tongue:

After all, they listen nothing. We are nothing to them.

That’s a very personal opinion of course, but could you explain why you think they don’t listen?

You are probably testing as far as I can read your comment.

But I don’t get why people are angry or sad. It’s only a videogame that got delayed a month. Not your organ transplant. That could make me sad or mad idk.

7 Likes

I jus find it mind boggling that people talk about what the developers should do different…when they dont even know what the developers are doing.

5 Likes

Yup… I’m running a restaurant but I never saw someone come in to tell me how I need to run my business or how unfair it is if I don’t tell everything what happened behind the view of the people.

I think it’s more of a internet thing maybe.

And the fact that you didn’t react on the testing thing does acknowledge it right ?:joy:
Have fun testing!

Meh, there have been rumors going around for a while now. I have enough other things to do then denying what people think about me :slight_smile:
Its kinda fun even :wink:

I’m not really a rumour type of guy.
And I really don’t care if people think that’s unfair or something. They chose you for a reason. Even if I wanted to test. No time :joy: