DevLog 83: More Bug Fixing and New Screens

What you came here for: No release date announcements today but significant progress made over the last week. Some new screens as well.

https://www.airportceo.com/devlog-83-bug-fixing-new-screens/

Back to the code! :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Those screens look amazing! Keep up the work:) patience is a virtue apparently lmao!

Like the fixes keep up the good work! :sunglasses: And of course Screenshots looking very good!!

Good job everyone! Let the testers loose fast so you can kill the bugs. Looking forward to next week!

good job those testers are so lucky because im about to go into a game waiting coma and then need more of my fix known as Airport CEO

3 Likes

Notice they said “not going to announce a release date today” and previously said “its more fun to announce out of the blue” so this is pure speculation but perhaps the major advancements will privilege us to a surprise announcement sometime this week?

4 Likes

Loving the screen shots looks amazing keep up the work guys I know people out there being annoyed as no release date as of yet but I prefer to wait till major game breaking bugs have gone than to play and get annoyed of crashing all the time.
Once again well done and keep the work up.

1 Like

Going to be at least a week of solid testing on the baggage system, then maybe a few more days of other areas before a date is announced IMO. I stick with my Sept 22 release date guess.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Just curious. I know the runways can be lengthened. However, the first picture shows a 737 at the gate. The runway looks to be about 400m to 500m (scaled from wing width of the 737 which is just under 40 m. Is it possible to require a certain runway length for classes of aircraft? The 737 needs a minimum of 1700 m in dry conditions at sea level, up to 2400m if wet or at higher elevations . It also depends on the model, but I’m using a basic average.

The CRJ needs around 1400 to 1700m too. So given the runway length, both those planes should not be there.

Just wondering. One thing I don’t like about the other game is a A380 landing on a runway just twice it’s length. Seems so unrealistic to me.

3 Likes

This is a game mate, you forget about that and scalling.

1 Like

It’s a game that is aiming for realism. The air side is already scaled down by 30% compared to the terminal and passengers. It’s not a critism, it is about game play. Can’t sign contract for a 737 if you don’t have a long enough runway to handle it.

3 Likes

Fixed: Add an option for players to manually set push back point to reduce the chance of collisions and deadlocks.

That sounds really good.

Awesome job! Nice looking airports I can’t wait to build mine! :grin:

4 Likes

Definitely worth the wait!

I’m excited for this title. Those graphics are awesome. Some things I noticed on the images. Looks like there is a staff security entrance (middle passage to the secure area). Also 62 check-in desks. But just one baggage carousel. lol

Keep up the work, we’re with you guys.

Beautiful screens I am sure that tester is an engineer IRL and he is pro on airport buildings :smiley:

3 Likes

Awesome work to the devs and testers making sure we get a top notch game. I’m even more excited about the game now.

@Olof and @Fredrik I sent you a private message and look forward to a reply.

Kind regards
ModeratorBot

Correct, airside is slightly down-scaled. Basically our ambition has been to try to make it as realistic at possibly without hurting gameplay and performance (we are not building a simulator). The full world is already really huge and here we are concerned about performance as the world would have to be a lot bigger to accommodate accurate scaling. 1 node in the world is around 1 meter. So you would need at least 2500 * 2500 grid, (or even larger), which would translate to almost 7 000 000 nodes. Just imagine that path finding…

2 Likes

Thanks for that. It makes a lot of sense. I would still like to see runway length a factor for larger plane. Maybe lie to us so when we build a 2000m runway, it’s actually 500m (but tells us it’s 2000m). In other words scale down again to fit the different length size runways on the world.

Anyway, I like the balance you seem to have found on this. I let you focus on bug squashing and wish you well. So look forward to seeing this title released.

2 Likes