DevLog 84: Bug Squashing and Release Price

And don’t forget that discount!
£14.39 or equivalent in first week!

3 Likes

@Olof @Fredrik How will the design contest winners get their free copy of ACEO? Is by Steam game code?

Wow didnt expect a new plane, Im impressed, but there still is one small detail. The over wing emergency exits have wrong arrows marked on wing, there should be 2 rows of arrows… This is just me being very nit-picky and it doesnt even matter… Cannot wait for release guys!

1 Like

Oh, I almost forgot. How would you guys handle regional pricing?

I hope you guys use this to determine your regional pricing and not this.

Hopefully, you guys have taken into account the accrued taxes based. AFAIK, Steam sets aside a percentage for tax based on the advertised/store price, so for example, 16 EUR means 12 EUR net of tax (Swedish VAT is 25%?), cut by (from what I remember) 30% from Steam so 8.4 EUR left for the budget.

I think the philosophy is “let steam do the hard bit”

To clarify: discount will be valid 1 week from release date!

Yes, a tester creatively came up with a solution to build it with the current system.

Steam calculates GBP to £11.99 due to the automatic regional price setting.

They will get an email including a personal activation code on the release day.

Steam has automatic regional price setting. We follow their recommendations, I assume it is somehow based around the Big Mac index.

Good catch, I only extended the body and otherwise used the same part as the -600 to save time. We didn’t really plan to add a new aircraft at this time, but we feel like the 1 hour or so it took to extend the body and create 2 liveries, was worth it. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You guys are the best, so that means you can shorten ATR-72 to ATR-42 any time you want? Sounds amazing!

4 Likes

Thanks. Sorry for overthinking things, old habits die hard.

Yes, with very minimal effort. The aircraft are designed in a modular way, so same principle also applies for the CRJ.

6 Likes

Uh-oh Fredrik. You just poked a bear :bear: :wink:

Awesome you guys!! But This is gonna be an amazing next few weeks, ACEO being released hopefully within the next 2 weeks, and the QW 787 is looking close to release for FSX. And driving lessons will cause my bank account to rip lol. But I can’t wait!!!

3 Likes

That 737-800 plane looks insane. I can’t wait till to play this game. Keep up the good work @Olof and @Fredrik . I love to read those devlogs. Please keep those devlogs in the future. :grin:

6 Likes

I think the price point is very fair. Not sure about how others feel, but that seems very reasonable.

You should check with PDERUITER though.

6 Likes

Awesome! Would be amazing if my currency out here was not so weak but what can you do. Out here in Africa we’re looking at about R189 which is not the worst thing ever I guess but without the discount it’s like R200+ eh.

Edit: Though if they do use regional pricing using bigmacindexconverter that’s a super neat price at R90.

Anyway I’m excited for release!

Kind regards
ModeratorBot

Wow!
So now we can irritate @Olof and @Fredrik even more for new planes!

List of planes available after shortening/extending:

ATR 42
CRJ-200, -700, -1000
Boeing 737-300, -400, -500, -700, -900

Not to pressure you at all devs. Just if you feel like you can’t be bothered to design a new plane, stretch/shorten an existing one and voilà!

5 Likes

Good idea. Lets postpone…say another week to give the devs the time to add more planes… :wink:

6 Likes

I like the sarcasm :rofl:

3 Likes

Oh boy, you’ll need more one week for that.

Those details, man. Gotta get them just right.

Guys, its £7 less expensive than SimAirport, thats awesome :sunglasses:

5 Likes

So ACEO is lower priced and better than SA huh well we know what our time and money investment should be then.

2 Likes