DevLog 94: Furniture Pack 1 Update & Airline Design Contest Results

https://www.airportceo.com/devlog-94-furniture-pack-1-update-airline-design-contest-results/

Time for bed. See you tomorrow, enjoy the fresh new furn look!

5 Likes

Important note around runways! If you are on the experimental branch and have updated the game to 24.0-0 you will now be able to set the desired aircraft size for each runway. The first time you load your save, you must set small or medium flights as these values are note yet stored in your old save file. Once you have done this and saved the game, the values are correctly serialized. Note that medium flights now require at least 800 meter (or 2625 feet) of runway length!

Some really excellent incremental changes happening here! It’s really wonderful to see how things are developing and tables, finally!! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Another great DevLog! Keep up the great work! :grinning:

Looks like it’s time to start a new game… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The update is amazing. I sense slight of improvement on FPS, no PAX issues, no CTD and not even gameplay breaking problems. I played 2 hours without an issue until I get hungry :stuck_out_tongue:

In conjunction with this, focus on the development side will be on planning the three epics that we will deal with after these major visual updates, i.e. the UI, path finding and flight planning… and of course continue with general bug fixing.

I hope one of these 3 major updates will cover aircraft path finding so that many numbers of airplanes won’t need to wait 1 (one) airplane to reach its destination at the across side of airport. That’s the only annoying thing I saw.

3 Likes

Great work

BTW, you keep forgetting updating the changelog on Steam. There are many people who do not visit this forum.

1 Like

Woohooo!

1 Like

It’s an active choice at the moment, if we would update on every push to the experimental branch it’d feel as if we were spamming the ACEO community news feed so that’s why we have several links pointing to the experimental branch category here on the forum. Also in the latest devlog update we included a link to the patch note thread so, yeah, not sure if this is the best way or if we should do it some other way.

I think it’s fine the way you do it. Only main branch changes there with a link to updates on experimental.

No, it’s not spamming esp. as this info from the devs. When one accesses the game and it starts getting updated, he/she will immediately wonder what has changed and rush to the exp. forum to read the update notes. It will be confusing if there is nothing there explaining the update. No matter how minor the change is, it has to be clear to the player what has changed.