DevLog 97: Alpha 24 Deployed, Airline & Livery Modding Enabled, Steam Cloud Saves Enabled and the Future of the Airline Contract system

Alpha 24 is out and so is the next devlog!

https://www.airportceo.com/devlog-97-alpha-24-deployed-airline-livery-modding-enabled-steam-cloud-saves-enabled-future-airline-contract-system/

No devlog next week as we’re celebrating the holidays but we’ll of course hang around the Forum as per usual! :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Excellent devs! I really liked the contract system proposal! I’m looking forward to see it out soon!

Have great celebrations! Your year were superb!!!

Cheers

3 Likes

Good! Offer expiry to you accept the contracts, not to schedule flights. Otherwise would be more the same is implemented!

1 Like

sense of pride and accomplishment when dealing with airlines

inb4 airline lootbox update

On a serious note, the contract system proposed (I feel) is far better than what’s currently implemented. It sounds more like a “framework” for contracts, easily allowing extensions later on. The only thing I would like to see that wasn’t mentioned is gate and check-in desk assignment, but something tells me that is much easier to implement with the new contract system than the old one.

6 Likes

Haha! Pay-to-build, loot boxes offering various master contracts (they all will suck), experience points for enabling certain core buildings and micro transactions to get those experience points. So many ways to destroy a game!

8 Likes

I have to agree with @catcherben on the proposed overhaul to the contract system. It leaves so much room for dynamic differences between the way the airlines operate and the things they expect from the airport. It’s good that airport provisions and performance also come into the success of the contract, and it does leave a lot of room for future expansion to gameplay.

Really solid effort guys!

2 Likes

New contract system is promising. I can’t wait to test it.

3 Likes

Hmm, with the new contracts system and flight planning system, will they be rolled out in experimental, or will they both launch in experimental at the same time?

Also, for the flight rank, where can we find such information on the services they need? If it’s still discussed, may I throw in that this should be included as part of the master contract?

And I see this as well

This will determine the overall satisfaction rating for that particular airline. If the rating drops below a given value the airline may cancel your master contract. If you are doing well and the airline rating increases, the airline might be willing to increase the base prices as well as offer higher rated flights. This also gives logical room for any potential implementation of airline hubs and similar but this will not be implemented in this contract revision.

So with the new airline contracts system, will this means that airline satisfaction be implemented as well? If yes, does this mean we can now negotiate the master contract terms?

What about fuel, contractor, and shop/cafe contracts?

I think such overhaul is long overdue, and I gladly support this. Though I hope the we also get filters for the contract system, so we don’t get overwhelmed by it. On another note, I think the master contract should have an expiry date, at least if we start working with a new airlines. Only once the beginning relationship is fruitful, then the next master contract would have no term limit.

Great system, cant wait to test it! 2 suggestions

1. The master contract should show how many small and medium flights/planes the airline has n its fleet (4xsmall and 2x medium). If i want to build a small regional airport I wont accept contracts that offer lots of medium flights

2. The airline should indicate what time they want their flights to arrive. Since most airlines fly around certain peak hours thus will give you as the airport ceo the task of completing a jigsaw puzzle to fit all those flights in AND the flight planner will move away from just stacking as many flights as possible

But awesome work DeVs after 110 hours of playing i still enjoy every minute! Keep it up

4 Likes

Cool addition!

Regarding the second suggestion is corerect that many airlines like to have departure in peak time. But you can see flights during all day in airports. What I mean is in contracts terms airline could propose a bonus if flights are schedule in peak time. And your role as CEO determine what airlines bonus is suitable for you schedule flights in peak time.

Otherwise we would move for a bottleneck in our airport and don’t have enough flights in others hours, once we assume all airlines like peak time :slight_smile:.

1 Like

I’m not sure if anyone else noticed this, but there is a very intriguing icon next to SW810. Hopefully there is a… big… update in the works. :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe a 757???

F6B4DC41-A62B-4982-9990-9116042B0DB4

2 Likes

757-200 will be considered as “Medium” aircraft as developers mentioned. Although it may be for preparations of big airlines. If you remember, runway options have “Big” aircraft switch too.

2 Likes

I know. That’s what’s making me wonder what aircraft is hidden between the pages of that contract… Maybe it is just an example, maybe it is a Cessna 172 in disguise. We can only watch an wait… :grin:

1 Like

Woohoo! I found it…just after a long sleep, that’s all! :slight_smile:

Nice changes! Have a great Christmas! :grinning:

I was thinking about bulk flights and reocurring flights differences in real life.
Normally airlines ask a bulk flights in high seasonal times like Christimas, but in normally the most of their flights are reocurring what helps pax to plan himself. I mean if I go to another city every week I as customer know what time is reocorring available to go and back the city.

What I would like to propose is a smal, but more realistic change:

1. Including in the game travel agency (who is the most consumer of this type of flight) Also this travel agency would ask bulk flights , in each flight they would say what airline will operate the specific flight.
  2. Airline also ask bulk flights but in a smaller portion than travel agency.
1 Like

Sounds great, especially the new contract system. I can’t wait! I love that you plan to implement a few of the ideas I (and probably many other people) have posted here :slight_smile: Thanks for listening to the community!

3 Likes

I Love the new contract system!!!

1 Like

A nice, christmassy security station… :grinning:

10 Likes

Yep been absent from the game, but this new update is great! I just took a break.

2 Likes

Having a slight problem. My game has updated to alpha 24.0-0 but the new features aren’t working