Different runway operation modes at different times

Some airports use different runways in different ways at different times. Heathrow normally use one for arrivals only and one for departures only and they swap over at 1500hrs each day (unless flights are operating west to east). Additionally in the early mornings, both runways operate in a mixed mode (both runways handle arrivals and departures).

In my current airport I have large numbers of arrivals after midnight no departures (apart from a few flights that push back between 2300hrs and midnight). After that there are no departures until those first arrivals depart from 0400 hrs onwards (4 hrs for a medium turnaround). Equally I have no arrivals after 2000hrs in order for all aircraft to leave by midnight.

It would be very useful for me to have my runways change operating modes at different times of day.
Rather than always having one arrivals and one departure, I’d like to be able to assign them as one arrivals only and one mixed mode between midnight and 0400 hrs, then switch to one arrivals and one departure and then switch to one mixed mode and one departure only runway from 2000hrs to midnight

1 Like

It would be very nice.

For now I would really like to have some airstrips allow departures for small planes, but not for medium ones, but you cant specify that. Since then they wont land either, and I want all airstrips used for landing.

1 Like

It’s a nice idea aesthetically however I don’t think it’s going to be or should be implemented soon due to the fact that their are multitude of idea’s like the multi floors that would be handled first as well as the bugs. Implementing an idea like this would dramatically increase the number of bugs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.