Douglas Dakota (DC-3)

Ok this might sound bonkers but I’m a little sleep deprived yet just hear me out- still in service at many of the worlds minor airports, looks great and will be a very nice addition. Why not add the DC-3? One of the worlds most produced airliners would look very nice in the airport.

2 Likes

It is a nice aircraft, however, I don’t think it is suitable right now for the game but maybe we will introduce some oldies later on. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Honestly a good point to add the DC-3 would probably be if they decide to add cargo. A lot of the remaining DC-3’s are freighters, and it would make a good “cheap” level cargo contract.

3 Likes

I mean i think it’ll be nice to implement DC-3- are there any plans at the moment to think about implementing older aircraft (by that I mean in the DISTANT future- I imagine your interests are right now in getting remote stands and other features first)? Could be nice to see them styled in retro liveries

1 Like

People just need the ability to mod in aircraft. Not sure if it’s already available.
If it is implemented then there will be no limit to the amount of different aircraft and it would save the devs a lot of hastle so they can focus on other issues.

1 Like

My view is that the airports and serving airlines should be representative of their era - if classic piston-passenger planes are introduced then the game should be skewed towards a more realistic date system so that the development of the airport over time can take into account the advances in commercial aviation.

You could start with the likes of the DC3 and the Electra on grass runways, then progress through the beginning of the jet era with the comet and the advancement of turboprop technology. As the commercial fleets change, your airport should change to adapt, or fall behind in the market.

1 Like

if it is not needed by now because it wont fit into a concept (except you are somewhere on a jungle airstrip) and some designer has time between a coffeebreak, the model could be designed and added as a decoration piece outside of the airport, why not :wink:

a hommage to the old days of flight, ported to our airports :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.