Eergency only stands

Hi, I like to build a couple of stands in a far flung corner of the airport for emergencies. Trouble is when I get an emergency, as soon as I open the stand it gets fully booked by non emergency traffic. Yes I know I can just cancel them off but that’s not the way to run an airport, especially regarding the first one in, who is already on final approach.
Can I suggest that you add to the drop down menu on the stand, “emergencies only”. That way the stand can be kept open and live for such an event.

1 Like

You can disable the auto-planner on a per stand basis, in the flight planner, if the auto-planner is active.

3 Likes

Hi, thanks for that, another one I didn’t know about. I’ll give it a go.

4 Likes

HI, I tried that and it worked ok on my medium stand but on the small stand it kept letting the occasional one thru. I still think it would be simpler to add the opt out to the drop down menu on the stands.

For small, make sure it’s a commercial stand and not GA.

Automated emergency assignment is not what the devs want. Emergencies require manual handling.

2 Likes

Automated emergency assignment is not what the devs want. Emergencies require manual handling.

Yups, also the way the devs would implement it is by disabling the autoplanner and that’s basically it, so no feature needed as such. :smile_cat:

I usually find there’s an available GA stand when a GA fly-in emergency occurs. If there isn’t, I flip the toggle on my emergency commercial stand and start praying that a commercial fly-in emergency doesn’t occur while the GA is being dealt with…

1 Like