Elevated Drop-Off Roads on Landside (Departure/Arrival)

This would be a good addition to the Alpha 36 update now that I think about it

it has to be @Olof think about it. more flexible way to build airports… could be programmed like stairs …

If roads where allowed to be build over foundations, all you’d need are the elevated parts.

Can we pleeeeassee have this one?

1 Like

Yes please!!

Hopefully this will be included during the beta phases.
In my eyes, this should be technically not that big issue, cause we are still able to build in the underground aswell.
In my eyes we are faced some design questions:

• Should a elevated road automatically generate pillars?
  • How are fences/raillings generated?

Regarding the pillars, I would say no. Better would be dekoration pillars 1x1 big tile or 1x2 big tiles. These are useful for elevated roads but also for passenger bridges or when you have extended jetways.

About the fences, I think a logic can handle it like this way:

• Every elevated infrastructure, a road, a sidewalk, a stop, should automatically generate a fence around his outer frame. Each single fence element is 1 tile (the small ones) long.
  • When you now connect another infrastructur element to this elevated infrastructur element or touch a foundation, all fence elements who touchs the other infrastructur element, will be deleted or invisible.

With this approach, we would get visible fences but the pathplanning will not be impaired.
I am pretty sure @Jettuh would create some nice ramps and fences. :slight_smile:

this is the one single missing feature that is preventing me to build more real-life airports … I hope this is implemented on 1.0 final somehow!

3 Likes

so, where are we with this community wish?

1 Like

I really hope we get this soon, I mean these are very common at international airports. And sure we have roads underground but it is not the same thing it is not very realistic to have the arrival zone underground.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.