Expanded "assign to" and "priority assignment"

Feature request title:

Expanded “assign to” and “priority assignment”

Description:

Currently you can assign vehicles and staff to terminals, desks to stands etc.
It’d be great if that system was expanded on, such as assigning check in desks to an airline, rather then a baggage bay (which then limits which stands it can use).

Further, it’d be good to be able to assign a “priority” to an airline for stands, desks etc. If any aircraft is running late, and another airlines stand is currently unused and not expected to be used before the priority airline has it booked, then the new arrival can use the other airlines gate.

Even going so far as to have only de-boarding and some services completed before moving to their own gate when it becomes free, to complete their turn around. In which case, the borrowed gate only needs to be free long enough for the delayed aircraft’s expected departure.
A push-back tug could even tow from one gate to the other.

Why it should be implemented:

More realistic and allows for another level of planning and efficiency to the airports.

I think the only way you can do that now is by assigning a check-in desk to a baggage bay, and assigning that baggage bay to a stand which is only run by one airline (or multiple stands that are run by the same airline).

1 Like

Hence this topic…

2 Likes

But about this priority thing, not sure because I usually leave auto-schedule on and it would probably use all of the time to allocate flight effectively, and try not to miss assign gaps out, so if an aircraft was running late, there may not be any free gates available. Even if there were, I would fear that it would cause other flights to be late and cause a domino effect. It also depends how the airport is layed out.

that is unless you had “back-up” stands available.

2 Likes

Back up stands are one option, as it scheduling longer gaps between flights.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.